Notices

oh what to do?

Old 05-30-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

oh what to do?

Today is day 1. I am trying but have not been able to go that long without drinking. I do honestly want to stop though. I was going to go to AA today but decided not to because I seriously think I will just stop at the store afterwards to buy booze. I feel like if I leave the house and get in my car at all today, I will end up at the store buying what I don't want to buy. So my temporary solution for today is to just stay home and distract myself with the internet, texting friends, and maybe video games.

I know I need help but today I feel like this is the only thing I can do to not drink. Do you think this is OK? I know its kinda isolating.

Basically I am not going to get dressed which in turn will make it moreso that I won't go out of the house. I don't work by the way due to some other things.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Isolating? . . . that is not your concern today my friend, today your main concern is Sobriety!!

Whatever it takes to get you to bedtime and then tomorrow post that you're on Day 2? . . . DO THAT!! . . . you gotta do what you gotta do!!
Old 05-30-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

there is a phone number for the AA hotline you can call. Give it a call and tell them exactly what you posted. See what happens.

I don't know where you are or I would send a link.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If staying home will prevent you from going to the store, then stay home,
but you can't stay home forever. Get through day 1 first. Be strong. Tomorrow is day 2!
You can do this.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

well that sounds like the truth to me. I need to stay sober for today badly. I will feel so much better if I can make it to tomorrow without drinking. whatever it takes is right. sometimes I wish there were not so many liquor stores near me.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with Purpleknight, as long as you don't drink you are doing the work.

Coming here is a great idea!
Old 05-30-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yeah I could call the AA line. I think I have the number somewhere. well this is what I'm going to do for today. Tomorrow who knows. need to get to day 2.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hi Im on day 23 and honestly you can do this. I have pj days and often dont leave the house, you do what ever it takes. Dont let the bottle win , it will pop in your head , its very clever at trying to reason why you should drink, its your addiction subconscious. I have battle moments but Im winning my thoughts by telling my thoughts to sod off.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I do have the addictive voice in my head telling me a lot of lies, so true. I will just tell them to stop it and also remember all my good reasons for not drinking. I think I will write them down. maybe blog about them. anything.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey dragonfly! Yeah, give that AA number a jingle. Talk to someone there and see if they can arrange a ride for you to a meeting today or tomorrow. There are lots of sober alcoholics who need 12th step work. Don't feel like your inconveniencing anyone. This is all part of the program.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I do have the number of one woman I met at a meeting who offered me a ride. I told her I have a car though. But still I could call her tonight when she might be home and explain my issue of being afraid that I will drive to the store if I get in my car.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you get through the day.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

After posting on here, and listing my reasons on my blog here, I do feel a bit more positive about being able to get through today. I really appreciate the support on here.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Don't hesitate to call that woman. We give our numbers out at meetings with the hopes that someone calls. Helping others helps us.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I will call her. I am a little nervous and somewhat shy but I think I can do it.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Nothing wrong with staying in.I do 4 on 4 off shifts and all I've been doing is exercising at home then watching the walking dead box set these last 4 days!And the only place I've been is AA.Early sobriety is to just do what you have to do I think,although I'm not an expert.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yeah today I just needed to stay home to stay sober for today. I feel less tempted now. I feel somewhat positive. I also think it helped me to write down all my reasons for staying sober. I could probably add to that list. I am also really grateful for one texting friend who has been keeping me company.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

People who give out their number completely understand every thing you are feeling.
Around here they call it the 100 pound phone. It's just too difficult to pick it up.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

that makes total sense to me. it is difficult for me to make that call. I do intend to later. sorta think she's at work now but not sure. it does feel like its 100 pounds. but rationally I know all who gave me their number honestly meant I could call about stuff like this.