Notices

Arrrrrrgggggggggg!!!!!!

Old 05-28-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nmd

Arrrrrrgggggggggg!!!!!!

that is all. Just frustrated with myself in slipping over and over.

I joined in March and I've put in a good deal of sober time since then, certainly more than I've had in years. My inability up until now to sustain a week sober though is telling in itself. I don't like teetering on the edge and feeling the pull of falling back into drinking every day.

On a positive note I've gotten people around me used to me going through an evening and not drinking, which is a milestone. I don't miss the hangovers and I have a great time sober. I guess I can look at is as having stretched my sober legs and getting used the feeling. I also haven't completely flunked out of the "class of May" yet, not that a date is overly important, but in my heart I know I don't want to drink and it would be wonderful to finally make it.
Going to give the rational recovery book a read, ordered a used copy off amazon.

Day 1
Old 05-28-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up, go at it again, you'll get there!!
Old 05-28-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just keep trying. You'll make it. Good luck!
Old 05-28-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
that is all. Just frustrated with myself in slipping over and over.

I joined in March and I've put in a good deal of sober time since then, certainly more than I've had in years. My inability up until now to sustain a week sober though is telling in itself. I don't like teetering on the edge and feeling the pull of falling back into drinking every day.

On a positive note I've gotten people around me used to me going through an evening and not drinking, which is a milestone. I don't miss the hangovers and I have a great time sober. I guess I can look at is as having stretched my sober legs and getting used the feeling. I also haven't completely flunked out of the "class of May" yet, not that a date is overly important, but in my heart I know I don't want to drink and it would be wonderful to finally make it.
Going to give the rational recovery book a read, ordered a used copy off amazon.

Day 1
Hi nmd, you sound similar to myself in some ways.....I am really enjoying being sober but every week or so I get the urge to drink and it is driving me crazy.....if I enjoy being sober so much (which I do) why can't I just be like that all the time? What is it about alcohol which pulls me in every so often?

This is great, talking with people who feel the same as I do and who 'get it'.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Stick with it, nmd. You can do this!

I hope you'll find the Rational Recovery book helpful. There's plenty of information here and on-line about AVRT to browse through while you're waiting for it to arrive