Beav

Old 07-06-2004, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Beav

I just realized it has been a long time since he tried to call. The boy is in prison for his 5th DUI and he called and called. I was watching caller ID and not picking up but he kept calling and finally I was like What!?

That is good thing...at least he listened to me somewhat. I just can't take his calls and his BS...read quacking...on a regular basis.

JT
Old 07-07-2004, 02:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi JT,

So glad to hear that the Beav listened to you,even if it was just a little bit. Isn't it third time's the charm......maybe he needs FIVE. Take care...your doing good!

Hugs and prayers,
matters
Old 07-07-2004, 03:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Um... was he listening to you, or the wee small voice that became audible in the silence you provided? Either way... results!

Big Hugs!
Old 07-07-2004, 04:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Days go by and I don't even think about him and then I feel guilty for not feeling guilty. I mean really...how silly is that. I get to a point where I can put him and his soap opera out of my mind and then I feel bad about it!

Life is so drama free that it is positively serene and I really don't want his crap back. He is utterly and completely on his own...as he always was if the truth be told. He wants what he wants when he wants it and is willing to go to any length to get it. But when the time comes to give, even a little, he comes up empty handed.

So, feeling guilty for not feeling guilty is the only kind of guilt I ever want to feel again.

JT
Old 07-07-2004, 05:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh God, feeling guilty about not feeling guilty - I thought that was my thing, JT! But hey, good for you - you sound strong and cheerful and you just have to allow yourself that.
HugZ
Sandra
Old 07-07-2004, 06:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JT
I feel guilty for not feeling guilty.
JT
Now there's a Codie phrase if I ever read one. And I can so relate.
JT, you have made such wonderful progress with this situation.
Maybe I'm amazed.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

After reading Worriedmom's thread about her granddaughter it makes me think that I should back off entirely what I do to make sure Beavette sees his dad. I can see how it might be threatening to the "other half". If you think I am protective, I pale in comparison to his other gramma.

I had a conversation with her once about the Beav getting his life together, getting married and taking Beavette to live with him and she point blank said..."he can have more children". I can think of other things she has said that were just as determined. So from here on out I am backing off. The Beav can just go through her...I will not risk Ward's and my relationship with Beavette while he so young. But when Beavette is older and can make his own choices I will back HIM.

If I am honest, I have to admit that a lot of what I have done in support of the Beav has been in the hope that he could be a father to his son....my beloved grandson. If I can get myself thoroughly out of the middle of that kind of thinking I can reach a whole new level of letting go and whole new level of recovery.

JT