Courage To Change: 05/26/14

Old 05-26-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change: 05/26/14

I have often tried to avoid repeating mistakes by making strict rules for my behavior. Although I can learn from experience, I can’t plan for every situation that might happen in the future. Trying to do so only limits
my options. When I get lost in such limited thinking, Al-Anon reminds me to keep an open mind. I’m glad it does, because I am constantly changing.
I continually need to let go of old ideas when they no longer work for me. If I don’t get too attached to any one way to approach life, I adjust to change with a lot less stress and strain. As I practice keeping an open mind, I tend to cross paths with people who are also flexible in their thinking, and we help each other to see more clearly. As a friend says, “We don’t see the world as it is. We see the world as we are.”

Today’s Reminder
As I grow, I continue to learn and to unlearn, replacing old ideas with new ones and reclaiming others that had been cast aside. Today I welcome this flow of information that will nourish and replenish me as I become more fully myself.

“To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.”
Helen Keller