Going on a Trip This Weekend

Old 05-26-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Linkin Park Enthusiast

Going on a Trip This Weekend

So it all started when I was talking to my mom's best friend, the detective in charge of the investigation into the ABF. She didn't know anything, I gave her all this info. Anyway, I told her I am going out there to see his family but can't find a babysitter, so I am taking them with me. But I am worried about what will happen to the kids when they see his twin brother-I don't want them to get confused. So then I went to talk to my mom about irrelevant stuff, and the cop/best friend walked in, and said, "SO! I was thinking about this twin thing..." so I had to explain what the hell she was talking about to my mother.

Then my dad told me yesterday that they will watch the kids if I leave this weekend (because the 7 year old is still in school, so it is easier to get him on the bus and whatever). Apparently they don't want them to get confused either. So now I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get plane tickets and stuff.

I have no idea what I am doing. I have been on a plane, once, but it was for a school trip. I don't know anyone out there, but I called his mom and told her and she said someone will meet me at the airport. I know I need to go to that law school to see about transferring, so that will suck up a whole day. Other than that, I don't know. I am terrified. I feel like my parents put a time limit on this because they know how I am, and they thought that I would just be like, oh that's too soon, etc. but I am definitely taking them up on the offer. If nothing else, it's five whole days that I have to myself, because I have never been without those kids, and right now, I have too much of my own emotional stuff to deal with.

This is a scary thing, I think. But it needs to be done, and I am glad I don't have the kids with me because it will be very emotional, and I don't want them around when I finally do have a mental breakdown, because it's coming, and I have kept myself in check because they don't need to see that stuff. And I am also not telling anyone here because this would be the prime time to break into my house and steal everything I own because I am not going to be there.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sounds like a very good idea to take that trip on your own, without the kids.
Of course, you're a mom, so your first concern is how the kids would react when meeting his twin brother -- but don't forget that you may also have a very strong response to it.

I think having five days without having a very set schedule is a very good plan, because that way, you give yourself room to take care of yourself as well as do what needs to be done.

As for the flying -- just check the TSA's website about what you can and can't bring in your carry-on luggage, and you should be fine.