Notices

Today is so hard

Old 05-25-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today is so hard

THe kids are gone til tonight, the pool is filling, the sun is shining. I'm going insane here! I don't think that I WANT to drink, but I can't stop THINKING about a cold beer. 4 hours til a meeting. 4 hours til a meeting.

And my hubs had to be a smart Alec earlier, so I'm upstairs and he is downstairs. So much for a day together..... Talk about HALT? Hah, every single one of them right here.

Have to stay off Facebook because everyone thinks it's necessary to share thier "alcohol in hand by the pool" pictures.

I hate my life!
Old 05-25-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ontherightpath View Post
Have to stay off Facebook because everyone thinks it's necessary to share thier "alcohol in hand by the pool" pictures
funny how they won't be posting their hangover pics tomorrow morning

Stay strong
Old 05-25-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know what you mean, hang in there. I plan to keep a jar of honey around, that helped my cravings in the past.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by ontherightpath View Post
THe kids are gone til tonight, the pool is filling, the sun is shining. I'm going insane here! I don't think that I WANT to drink, but I can't stop THINKING about a cold beer. 4 hours til a meeting. 4 hours til a meeting.

And my hubs had to be a smart Alec earlier, so I'm upstairs and he is downstairs. So much for a day together..... Talk about HALT? Hah, every single one of them right here.

Have to stay off Facebook because everyone thinks it's necessary to share thier "alcohol in hand by the pool" pictures.

I hate my life!

I know it's hard especially when it's nice and hot outside- trigger moments, but just remember you will not always be in such an uncomfortable moment, the time will come when you are perfectly at ease in your own skin and happier for the lifestyle change, it may seem a while away but good things are gonna happen for you in that respect.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I made the decision a few nights ago to drink,still not fully recovered.Its not worth it!
Old 05-25-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will be easier the next time, it really will.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

4 hours to the next meeting and about 10 seconds to the phone.

Why not ring another alcoholic and see if you can brighten their day? It works every time.

Maybe see if you can write a few lines on your 4th step?
Old 05-25-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey all, I took a nap and are some food. And what do ya know? 3 hours til the meeting. Naps are safe for me, because I can't drink while i sleep. Gonna get cleaned up and maybe go out for a bite to eat. Macaroni salad and a banana aren't gonna cut it.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Django View Post
I made the decision a few nights ago to drink,still not fully recovered.Its not worth it!
It's worth it! It's really worth it! I've been there, where you are, and for me at least sobriety was the best thing that ever happened to me. It's a tough road but it's really worth it.
P.S. Not sure what you meant. That drinking's not worth it? I can agree with that!

W.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wpainterw View Post
It's worth it! It's really worth it! I've been there, where you are, and for me at least sobriety was the best thing that ever happened to me. It's a tough road but it's really worth it. P.S. Not sure what you meant. That drinking's not worth it? I can agree with that! W.
I believe he meant that drinking is not worth it! I know sobriety is worth it
Old 05-25-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

xa-speakers.org
Old 05-25-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry today is hard but you're doing the right thing ontherightpath - stick with it!

welcome back Django

D
Old 05-25-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I feel your pains. Memorial day weekend was always my personal kickoff to the summer drinking season. I was looking forward to pool parties, BBQ's, beach trips, camping, golfing, bachelor parties and weddings among other things. I'd be three sheets to the wind by now and my high powered tool time blender would be on overdrive. Normally, I would take the whole week off to get a head start on a summer pool tan. What a life and then I crashed hard as it all caught up with me. In the end, a hospital bed became my diving board to reality.