Notices

I had a dream I was drinking

Old 05-25-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I had a dream I was drinking

I haven't been sober for long but I had a dream last night I was drinking a beer and I was buzzed and I wasn't happy or satisfied. In my dream I felt more sad and ashamed of myself. I think this dream is a good reminder that alcohol no longer makes me happy and it hasn't made me happy in years. The last time I drank I was stressed out and felt horrible about myself. When I woke up today I was so happy and relived it was just a dream. Just thought I'd share
Old 05-25-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

I hate using dreams. Yours sounds positive though. That's a good sign. Mine just taunt me. I had one where I stood in a white room filled with hard and bowls of different shapes and they were just overflowing with my drug of choice. Spilling out...it left me feeling extremely shaky and nervous. 9 days today...how about you? Good luck. Stay strong. I need strength today as I'm so extremely tired I could cry.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

I've had those dreams, still do, but not as frequently.

I'm always really pleased when I wake up and realise it's a dream.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ugh I hate dreams like that!!!! Whenever I get sober I always end up having dreams where I am drinking and feel super guilty and ashamed(like i usually do in real life when i drink too)...its always like "why the hell did i dream that?? but thank god it wasn't real."
Old 05-25-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Drinking dreams will fade with more sober time. I rarely have them anymore, and when I do, I'm just thankful it was only a dream.