Notices

No lost weekend!

Old 05-25-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile No lost weekend!

Every weekend for a long time I've felt like it was a "lost weekend". I have every Thursday-Saturday off, and always had such big plans to get so much done, but I would always decide to get a few bottles of wine and just waste the whole weekend lying in bed, reading, sleeping, playing on the computer, feeling sorry for myself. Then I would feel even worse at the end of the weekend when I had to go back to work and realized I didn't accomplish anything. Well, this weekend was different! I accomplished so much, had a couple of good meals out using the money I would have spent for wine, and feel so much better. Today is day 7, the first day 7 I've had in a long time. I would have been seriously tempted to drink yesterday afternoon after I had gotten a lot done and was sitting on my front porch swing reading and enjoying the beautiful day if it were not for the fact that I am now taking antabuse. I know it's not for everyone, but so far, for me, it's been a miracle. Takes the whole "Am I going to drink today?" question right out of the occasion. I know a lot of people are against pills and think I should be able to do it on my own without them, but obviously I've proven that I can't right now, so this is the best thing I've found so far.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I say use every tool available to you. Whatever works for you. Glad you had a good weekend. 7 days is awesome!
Old 05-25-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats scintillady--great great news. Day 7 is a terrific milestone. Keep it up! On to Day 8. . .soon 14, and 21. . . .
Old 05-25-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That first real sober weekend is like, wow...all this time I have and I woke up feeling great. Honestly, some weekends, I amaze myself with how much I fit in, but still feel relaxed.

Enjoy the journey getting to spend time with the real you!
Old 05-25-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

Awesome job I'm right with you on day 8 and thought about wine yesterday, but went for a walk instead. So glad today that I'm not sick and loathing myself at day 1 , where I would have been if I gave into the impulse. I'm finding that feelings that I masked with wine in the past; anger, sadness, frustration and loneliness , I now have to deal with. That's where strength will have to come in. I'm committed to being free and it feels so good.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I always say "Do what works for you"
Old 05-25-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to hear you're doing well scintillady. 7 days is wonderful.