Notices

Up Cycling drink stuff not used anymore.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Up Cycling drink stuff not used anymore.

I was having a clear out the other day and came across two packets of clear plastic shot glasses.
Maybe about 80 in total, still stacked in wrapped plastic, not open.

I thought it would be a shame to throw them away. They were new.
No-more shots for me though or shot parties at mine from now on either.
Could I use them elsewhere?

Then I had a brain wave and thought 'I'm going to put these in my bathrooms, with some mouthwash' Then if anyone wants a fresh mouth, whilst visiting my house, off they go with my mouth wash and the recycled shot glasses!

I might even make a little sign saying 'freshen up on me' and leave it next to the bottle.

I realise this is probably more exciting for me than anyone else.
I spend a lot of my time on my own, so I am sorry for having crack pot idea's!!!! I'm not strange I promise! I'm quite normal!

Then I thought maybe some of my SR friends have recycled their own old drinking stuff, like glasses, bottles etc.

So these items don't bring us anymore booze related misery, but are transformed into something really handy and useful. Maybe something that brings pleasure too as having lovely breath is nice!

Or maybe it is just me! xx

Let me know what you think?

Love you all xx
Old 05-25-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I didn't up cycle but I finally threw out my collection of wine bottle corks.. It was nice to get rid of that reminder of my days past. 8 months sober
Old 05-25-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I still like to drink out of my really nice wine glass collection, although I don't drink wine any more. It still makes things feel special and I can't bear to get rid of them.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I use my wine glasses too, with seltzer drinks. They are more like larger multi use goblets anyway, as I liked a big glass of wine, you know...

But there is also Freecycle.org for anything you do not need. Check it out! Also for things you do need, becuause people list what they no longer need and you can claim items as well as list them.