Notices

Another fallen troop

Old 05-25-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another fallen troop

Long story short,my 13 year old dog sadly passed away and I don't want to say it's an excuse,but she was my best mate so it was hard and still is.But I did get to 25 days and I was the happiest I've been in a long time until the bad news.

Not going to beat myself up about it,I feel horribly sick but that's my fault for drinking again!

I had a plan but was thinking I can do this on my own this time,but an obstacle comes along and I struggle to keep going.AA is happening for me on Tuesday...oops it was quite long.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your dog
I'm happy to hear you're going to try again though. Good luck at AA!
Old 05-25-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

sry about ur dog. For me its not an excuse its just a fact in what happened.

I luv dogs and animals, so don't get me wrong. If I was like others here who could give u better advice in it not being a trigger in drinking then I would. Me im not, I have animals and things which spark me off. Trying to find the answer still.

im sure u can do it and good luck xxx
Old 05-25-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

I'm very sorry about your dog...my dogs are everything to me and I still miss the ones that have passed on. AA sounds like a good plan to move forward so you have more support. I'll be thinking of you.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Django, I sorry for your loss, our pets become family and it's so hard letting go. I have no tips for you on dealing with your loss, I've done the same in the past. With long term sobriety, I think we will learn to handle loss in a healthier way. Well, as you know, drinking really didn't make you feel any better, so now's the time to start caring for you! When you are ready, hopefully you'll be able to open your heart to a new canine friend and provide it with the loving companionship you had with your beloved friend. Hugs to you!
Old 05-25-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

May your friend RIP Django - I know how deeply it hurts. I'm glad you're getting back on track soon - you can do it.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very sorry for the loss of your beloved dog.

The main thing is to know that you need a plan so things don't need to evolve into drinking next time.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Django View Post
Long story short,my 13 year old dog sadly passed away and I don't want to say it's an excuse,but she was my best mate so it was hard and still is.But I did get to 25 days and I was the happiest I've been in a long time until the bad news.

Not going to beat myself up about it,I feel horribly sick but that's my fault for drinking again!

I had a plan but was thinking I can do this on my own this time,but an obstacle comes along and I struggle to keep going.AA is happening for me on Tuesday...oops it was quite long.

So sorry to hear about your dog, that's a tragic thing too happen like many good pholk on SR my doggy is my best buddy. My shadow.
I could not guarantee I wouldn't relapse if it happened to me too.

I just hope you start to feel better really soon my friend.
Wishing you the very best.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind messages.I'll let you know how AA is,been putting it off for to long now and I've got to sort myself out.Thanks again.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. I have two dogs and understand how attached we get to them.

I hope the support here can help you stop drinking for good.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Django, sorry for the loss of your dog, I hope all goes well at aa, good you're here.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i lost my young son to stomach cancer 2 years ago, i am a single parent dad and i had to look after him right up to his death at home with me
it was the worse time of my life and i had to deal with my son asking me why he had to die etc really stuff that i hate and hurts even today
but i never once wanted to drink and i put it down to aa and my sponsor i dont have any other family so i have been on my own with it all but my sponsor and aa and more importantly the grounding i have had in aa helped me in my times of being so helplessly lost
so aa works my friend and i hope you can get from it just what i have got and still get from aa
go with an open mind and try to not compare with people instead try looking to see if you can feel the same way as people in the meeting,
for example
i have been to prison, been to hospitals, lost all my family lost my job, lost my business, ended up with no money all because i wouldnt listen to anyone else and carried on drinking
but you might not have been down that road YET as you might still have your family, job, money etc

but if your an alcoholic like me then it surely will come to pass that bit by bit life will get worse the longer you drink the more bad things will happen and the more you lose its a well trodden path in aa for the alcoholic who carry's on drinking

i wish you all the best my friend aa will work if you work for it
Old 05-25-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Realising my life

((((((Django)))))) I'm so sorry about your dog Your slip was perfectly understandable and happened quite early on in your sobriety. But I'm so glad that you've stopped it becoming an all-out binge by coming straight back on here and signing up again! That shows real determination ♥♥♥
Old 05-25-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss Django.

“Dogs…do not ruin their sleep worrying about how to keep the objects they have, and to obtain the objects they have not. There is nothing of value they have to bequeath except their love and their faith.”

You're best friend left you two things more valuable that anything tangible, love and faith. Keep them close to your heart and may they give you strength. I'm glad you're back and don't get down on yourself over this slip.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss Django.
I hope AA will help - keep us updated.

D
Old 05-25-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss it's very hard. Take care of yourself.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Django, sorry your dog is gone. It hurts to lose a friend.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

So sorry

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm new to this site so I'm just getting familiar with it, but I wanted you to know I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.