Never ever give up hope.........

Old 05-24-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Never ever give up hope.........

Hello everyone! It's been years since I posted. I found this forum on Sober-Recovery about 9 years ago. At that time my daughter was heavy into the "meth-world"; had left her children with a relative and was on a slow path to destroy herself. I had all but completely given up. She had been in that world for almost 5 years. In and out of jail, I didn't know if she would die from an overdose or end up in prison. I prayed prison if it had to be one or the other. The friends that I made on this forum, the other moms, sisters, wives, and daughters helped me keep my sanity. Many days passed, many trials. Sad times and good times. I came to understand my role as an enabler, and she eventually came to understand her addiction. There was healing all the way around. My daughter is sober now, almost 6 years. She is a wonderful mom, has a great job and in her spare time leads a women's recovery group at her church. I am so proud of her and the woman she has become.

For some reason, I felt compelled to share this with you all today. I haven't been on in so long, I really don't know any of you or your situations. But I felt that somebody, one of you out there needed to hear good news. And it does happen. Even when you've heard, no it is impossible. It's too late. Your family member or friend has been doing drugs too long, they'll never change. Guess what? Nothing is ever impossible!!! I pray blessings of recovery for all who are here. Recovery is not just for the addict, but for all the people they touch. It can happen. ((((((HUGS))))))))
Old 05-24-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That is such good news about your daughter,miracles DO happen and I am so glad she found hers.

I agree that there is always hope and your daughter is the proof of that.

Welcome back, it's always nice to hear back from our old members.

hugs
Old 05-24-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, for your positive and happy post.

I know someone needs to hear this today!

continued blessings on you and yours!
Old 05-25-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There was healing all the way around. My daughter is sober now, almost 6 years. She is a wonderful mom, has a great job and in her spare time leads a women's recovery group at her church. I am so proud of her and the woman she has become.

For some reason, I felt compelled to share this with you all today. I haven't been on in so long, I really don't know any of you or your situations. But I felt that somebody, one of you out there needed to hear good news. And it does happen. Even when you've heard, no it is impossible. It's too late. Your family member or friend has been doing drugs too long, they'll never change. Guess what? Nothing is ever impossible!!!
Thanks for coming back and sharing your HAPPY update. When I first came to SR it was when my husband was very sick, and I was looking at the internet and not just wanting but NEEDING to read positive recovery stories. I learned people can change, recover, and return to life better than ever. Im SO HAPPY to read about your experience.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is so refreshing to hear a success story. I don't believe it's that it's impossible to beat addiction. I think the hard part is getting the addict to realize their own capacity to overcome and believe in themselves. Thanks for sharing the great news! I'm so happy for you and your daughter.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this. It is so good to hear that some people really do maintain recovery.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome news! Thank you so much for sharing both sides!
Old 05-26-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by cuttydrd View Post
Hello everyone! It's been years since I posted. I found this forum on Sober-Recovery about 9 years ago. At that time my daughter was heavy into the "meth-world"; had left her children with a relative and was on a slow path to destroy herself. I had all but completely given up. She had been in that world for almost 5 years. In and out of jail, I didn't know if she would die from an overdose or end up in prison. I prayed prison if it had to be one or the other. The friends that I made on this forum, the other moms, sisters, wives, and daughters helped me keep my sanity. Many days passed, many trials. Sad times and good times. I came to understand my role as an enabler, and she eventually came to understand her addiction. There was healing all the way around. My daughter is sober now, almost 6 years. She is a wonderful mom, has a great job and in her spare time leads a women's recovery group at her church. I am so proud of her and the woman she has become.

For some reason, I felt compelled to share this with you all today. I haven't been on in so long, I really don't know any of you or your situations. But I felt that somebody, one of you out there needed to hear good news. And it does happen. Even when you've heard, no it is impossible. It's too late. Your family member or friend has been doing drugs too long, they'll never change. Guess what? Nothing is ever impossible!!! I pray blessings of recovery for all who are here. Recovery is not just for the addict, but for all the people they touch. It can happen. ((((((HUGS))))))))

Great story, impossible should be two words I'm-possible.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wonderful news!! So nice hearing that there is hope. HOPING for hope in my situation!