Notices

Day 7 feeling down

Old 05-24-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

Day 7 feeling down

Well I made it to day 7 (for the 10th time). I'm now fully committed to living without wine forever and I have a plan. I've done periods of sobriety before and felt great, but in the past I thought I could fool myself and looked forward to planning out my future moderation. (Crazy !!!!)
Well after many attempts, my last being last weekend, I knew with no uncertainty that moderation would NEVER work for me if I want to live, be healthy, happy, free and be the best person that I can be. I've noticed that with each attempt at sobriety, the withdrawals were worse and worse even though the alcohol consumption was moderate compared to past daily drinking. I'm noticing today that I am not feeling as happy at day 7 as I did the first few times that I got there. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm feeling frustrated and edgy ---- and wine has crossed my mind several times today, but I know that's taking 150 steps backward. I'm so thankful for this site. It helps immensely to be able to write these feelings out instead of medicating with poison.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi hope2014. I know those feelings...they aren't crazy. They're normal for us.

But the correct thing to do is NOT entertain them. They'll lead you back to a horrible day one again. And from reading your post I don't think you want to go there again.

Keep posting! It's helped me immensely as well. I'm back for another kick at sobriety.

10 days in. I'm not going back. Let's stay on the right path.

Good to meet you. I wish you the best. And others here do as well.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's true. I had slowed down my consumption of alcohol considerably. I would drink for a few months, and try again. Each time the recovery process was more grueling than the time before.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

I ended going for a walk and feel a bit better. This process is hard, but worth it. Thanks for your responses. I can't believe that I count the days since I've been out of the alcohol prison- I should have kept track of the time that I was confined within it.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad to hear you doing well Hope2014. Ups and downs are perfectly normal for a while

Congrats on your week

D
Old 05-24-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The most important thing is that you're out the 'alcohol' prison now. And yes remember that with each slip the withdrawal gets worse. I can relate to feeling low. I'm only on day 12 but I can tell my emotions are going to be a bit rocky for a while. I try to think of it as my body and mind are simply adjusting healing. One day at a time.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

mee too , i'm at day 7 , the last time i made day 7 a year ago . every day is a new day with new thinking process , i felt my brain starts developing , i was active today in work , and my boss was impressed by th energy , that i hadn't in a year . i can initiate conversations and laugh with my coworkers (i wasn't used to), i felt like my tears will jump any moment ,at any place .....

but when i went home , i felt tired and tired and started thinking of booze . well, i should sleep more , just that and eat healthy . and go to day 8 more confident .