Courage To Change: 05/24/14

Old 05-24-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change: 05/24/14

In the words of Oscar Wilde, “In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it. The last is much the worst.” Translation: My will gets me into trouble. I aim for some goal or other, but even when I get it, I am rarely satisfied. It doesn’t make my life complete, so I raise the ante, set a new goal, and push even harder. Or I don’t get what I want and feel inadequate or deprived. Maybe that is why not one of the Twelve Steps talks about carrying out my will. The only times I have ever found lasting satisfaction
were when I let go of self-will and committed myself to seeking the will of my Higher Power. Prayer and meditation are two means by which I seek to discover what God’s will holds for me, and they help me to gain access to the power to carry it out. Sometimes my hopes and desires are forms of guidance. When I am willing to place God’s will above my own, those dreams have a chance of becoming a wonderful reality.

Today’s Reminder
The path to my true heart’s desire is to surrender to the will of my Higher Power.

“We know that God can and will do anything that is for our ultimate good, if we are ready to receive His help.”
The Twelve Steps and Traditions
Old 05-24-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just read this a few minutes ago in my own copy and marked it with a note that says, 'My will vs God's will'. I really liked today's reading!