Notices

Day 12...better

Old 05-22-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 12...better

Ok, tomorrow morning will be my 13th morning alcohol free. I can't wait to hit that 2 week mark. For the past few days I had been suffering from extreme fatigue and irritability. And headaches.

Today was much better. Had some of my energy back and only a slight headache. I'm hoping I'm finally pushing through this withdrawal crap! What I've been doing is drinking a TON of water. Also, I only had one cup of coffee today. Instead of mg customary 4 or 5 extra cups I drank green tea. I've also been taking vitamins. Also taking milk thistle.

Tomorrow, after I get paid, I plan on stocking up on some good nutritious food and lots of tea and water. Also, from what I've read, B6 and B12 would do me good?

I start my workout regime on Monday.

Good luck to everybody out there just starting off! My VERY short experience has shown me that it gets better and easier! Stick with it! I, personally, never want to go through the hell of withdrawals all over again.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 12 days sober. If you never drink again, you never have to go thru w/d again.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on the 12 days JTtexas! I'm through my 8th day today. I'm with you...let us never experience the hellish withdrawals again.

Being healthy and being able to function seems better doesn't it? Almost in a way makes sense...
Old 05-22-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 12 days jttexas! If alcohol wasn't so bad for us, we wouldn't have such a rough time giving it up. Sounds like you are getting very healthy- doesn't it feel good?
Old 05-22-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was exhausted for those first few weeks JT. We've beaten ourselves up badly & it takes time to come back from it. You're doing great.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome job on 12 days
Old 05-22-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi JT,

Congrats on 12! We are in the same boat. I have been taking b12 and a super b complex, along with omega 3 pills...May be overkill but after putting so much poison in our bodies, I have read that we have depleted our B's and other vitamins and minerals. Never want to go back there.

I also found that making colorful salads can cover a lot of other vitamins that you need and also takes some time to prepare and distract you.

Why wait till Monday to start working out? Lets start tomorrow!!!

I am bullsh*iting as I had the same plan as you. LOL!

Have a great and sober weekend.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats JT, my first 30 days was up and down, just keep going!!
Old 05-22-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats JT! You are doing great. I'm on Day One and as I write this I can hear my husband taking out the bottles from my last bender.

Let's stay the course this time.