Notices

Day four coming off of Mephedrone/ethylphenidate.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Day four coming off of Mephedrone/ethylphenidate.

Hi there!

I've joined SR in the hope that I could speak to people who can relate with what I'm going through at the moment and possibly offer some support.

It's day 4 now of attempting to come off of mephedrone and ethylphenidate. Mephedrone has been my DOC for 2 years straight now, and I've been a heavy user (3g on a good week, 7g+ on the not so good ones/recently). I' would binge for days on end, and my longest binge without sleep or much eating was 12 days. I realize how disgusting this is and how much harm I have done to my body, mind and serotonin/dopamine systems.

The first 3 days were weird, I had cravings but felt motivated not to do any, more as I felt completely used up (I had a 6 day binge prior to quitting), but today I've woken up in an overly-hyperactive mood and I feel like I could snort an ounce... I don't want to, but my mind is screaming at me to do it.. I can't though, I've made to many promises to myself and my girlfriend.

Sorry if I'm rambling, just that I can't talk to my girlfriend about my cravings properly. She's not a user at all, and she doesn't understand, which I don't hold against her AT ALL, just that she can't relate. I love her though, she's fantastic.

Can anyone offer support or advice?

Thanks very much,

HeBeaDrone
Old 05-21-2014, 03:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No direct experience with this particular drug but am a recovering addict and alcoholic. Cocaine was my drug of choice. 24 years of that evilness and sober again for almost a year and a half. I needed hard core support that I found through a 12-step group/Narcotics Anonymous back in the 90s when I got clean. It was key to find group of people who thought like me so they could call me on my b.s. SR has been key to me. I hope you continue to stick around
Old 05-21-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I definitely plan to, I've self-referred to a social-services Drug and Alcohol team who can provide things like CBT, but the waiting list is huuuuge, so in the mean time I think SR is my best bet. Congratulations on your sobriety though, especially with cocaine.. I've dipped my toes in that pool of fire and it's not something I'd wanna do again.

Thanks sober clover, here's to good times + good health