Notices

Happy Tuesday!

Old 05-20-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Happy Tuesday!

It's so awesome to wake up in the morning and not feel like sh*t warmed over... wondering if someone got the license plate of the car I think ran me down... rushing down the stairs to see if I left the fridge door open or a light on or door unlocked or something that would make my husband suspect I had been drinking... not worrying about the scotch bottle I hid... not wondering how I can sneak another bottle into the house without getting caught... trying to shuffle through the morning at work until the shear exhaustion wears off.

The list could go on and on... Including health issues. But, I need to remember to focus on all of these things to help me remember why I don't want to drink.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think we have all had mornings like you've described.
I don't want any more of them
Old 05-20-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

I know... and then I was just thinking about how trying to stay on top of all that stuff was so exhausting in itself.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday to you too. It feels good doesn't it. Keep on keepin on.
Sober is the way.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Your post reminds me (ouch!):

A business partner of my husband brought back an 'amazing bottle' of rum as a present to us from a trip to Bermuda.

One night while having my 'party of one' I ran out of wine and drank a third of the 'amazing bottle' of rum. Then filled it back up with water and screwed the cap back on tight. At the moment I thought I was being so sneaky (how juvenile).

I forgot all about it until the 'amazing bottle' was pulled out to toast at a party.
Then I remembered ...

Everyone weighed in on their thoughts regarding the 'amazing bottle'. I just said "how light and drinkable."

I do not miss those moments at all either. Thanks for the reminder Have a great and sober Tuesday ElleDee!! Nice job!
Old 05-20-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LTV - priceless!

Reminds me of a bottle of wine my wife left in the frige. I drank it - good wine in a big water glass. Then filled the bottle back up with water - added some juice to make it just the right color. Eventually dumped it after she forgot it was there. Imagine that - forgetting there was a bottle of wine to finish.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How about waking up to the sun shining into your room and birds singing? I NEVER appreciated that when I was hungover. I love that feeling now.