Notices

Let's get a little crazy, revisited...

Old 05-18-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Thumbs up Let's get a little crazy, revisited...

Hi Purpleknight - I just had to resurrect your 6-month sobriety post so I could a) read it again b) tell you how inspirational your words are to me, a newbie

I worked so hard to not be anxious all day yesterday when thinking about the upcoming night - because it was going to be the the first night 'going out' without drinking alcohol in as long as I can remember. For me, this was huge.

But I envisioned sobriety success all day long and before I left my house. Of course once out I noticed the alcohol everywhere because it was, in fact, everywhere.

I drank plain water and fizzy water all night and made it 'special' for me by doing a little Purpleknight avatar dance - shake, shake, shake, cha-cha-cha, while muttering to myself..."let's get a little crazy".

This helped me smile and laugh all night and remember just how important each moment is toward reaching the ultimate goal.

The above may seem trivial and I may enjoy laughing a lot in my posts here on SR but I totally understand how challenging, (with all the ups, downs, slips, returns) and 'big' this shared pursuit of sobriety is for everyone. So I would like to thank you and everyone for being here. Your presence is essential. Stay strong! We got this!!

**sorry about resurrecting your enormous 6-month sobriety thread PK (with this identical post) but I only had as long as an episode of "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" would last before my ghoulies went crazy as well.
_______
Old 05-18-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done, and all the best as you go forward on this hard but amazing journey!