Notices

Going to struggle tonight

Old 05-17-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going to struggle tonight

Day 2 @5:20pm.

Not craving but have a headache. I've had voices all day in my head thinking about alcohol (posted earlier). Can't help but think a glass of wine would get rid of the headache.

I don't want to take a diazepam as they can be addictive and I took two yesterday at various points.

Not feeling strong at the moment and imagine by seven it will be worse.

For goodness sake. I've not even gone 48 hours since having a drink and am thinking like this. Hate hate hate this addiction.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Needinghelp82 View Post

Not craving but have a headache. I've had voices all day in my head thinking about alcohol (posted earlier). Can't help but think a glass of wine would get rid of the headache.

I don't want to take a diazepam as they can be addictive and I took two yesterday at various points.

For goodness sake. I've not even gone 48 hours since having a drink and am thinking like this. Hate hate hate this addiction.
It's just a case of mind over matter, if I can do this anyone can seriously I used to struggle going without a drink for any more than a few hours before I quit, I won't fool you it ain't easy but you will find a way.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The headaches and discomfort will pass. Don't think about it getting worse, that doesn't help at all and for all you know you'll actually be feeling better. Even if you aren't, your body is making strides in healing itself and a glass of wine will wipe all of that away. In the meantime you need to distract yourself. Listen to some soothing music, read a book if you can, call a friend or family member just to catch up and chat. Take a hot shower. Drink lots of water and I found that tea either black or green if you have some helped with my headaches.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you.

I bought a bottle of wine. I've had hubby put it in the garage (I don't have a key for it) - why??

I'm such an idiot, I know later I will want to drink it. I don't want to though if that makes sense?

Aggghhhh
Old 05-17-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The headaches do pass. You're body is going through drastic changes. For me, with more sobriety, the "sober" me began to feel like the "real" me--I'm sure it will be the same for you.

Your honesty will help you too--keep reaching out no matter what happens! We're in your corner!
Old 05-17-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If you drink to excess, you probably won't only have a worse headache but also a host of other unpleasant side effects. Play the tape through.
Get out and do something active if you need distraction.

Originally Posted by Needinghelp82 View Post

Old 05-17-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've just been in chat and feeling a lot better. No plans on opening it or failing to reach day three.

I will be back on if I'm feeling tempted but I'm going for day two completely sober. Might have a bath.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You're strong and you can do this!
Old 05-17-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Stay strong, needinghelp; you will be so pleased with yourself tomorrow morning!
Old 05-17-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

yes bath a good idea, helps me, Day 3 tomorrow and you going through worst now, will get better soon, one Day at a time, Good Luck.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Believe it or not...It does get better. Hang in there!

If you can make it to a meeting, that could help.

In either event you have SR which has been a blessing for me and I am sure many others.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Cflexbxny View Post

In either event you have SR which has been a blessing for me and I am sure many others.

Totally agree, SR is the place that helps me the most, similar good pholks going through similar situations.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cflexbxny View Post

I've got an appointment with an addiction place Monday. They do detox/talking therapies etc... On an outpatient basis. Scared but two weeks off work so hopefully I will be feeling somewhat more on the road to recovery. I know it's a long journey.

Going to have a bath then go out for a walk with hubby. Maybe even then straight to bed, who knows.

It's just after 7pm. Have always had a drink by now.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just a little while longer and you'll be able to lay down and make it to day three. I say tomorrow have hubby help you dump out the wine or return it to the store?
Old 05-17-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
AA member

Can you throw the wine out?bad idea to have it in the house if you are only 2days sober.

The headache will get better as long as you stay sober.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My favorite thing about being sober for the last 5 days is waking up without a hangover. Instead of avoiding the sun like the plague and laying in bed comatose for hours, i'm outside soaking up the sun and fresh air, drinking a cup of coffee and enjoying a beautiful morning. Each day I feel better and so proud of myself.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I agree with the others on the wine... Ask your hubby to chuck it or give it away.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=It's just after 7pm. Have always had a drink by now.[/QUOTE]

Hi Needinghelp,

I hear you.... By now(your timezone) I would just be waking up from my morning session. Feel like crap, but went straight to the liquor store to keep it going.

Then waking early Sunday, feeling worse than before, and counting the hours until the store opened at 12. Even have the gall of being upset with myself for not buying enough the day before...

Meanwhile I did, but drank it all. Crazy how the mind can work.

Today will be my first Sat of not doing that in a very long time.

But its Saturday so I guess I am going to club AA or hang around here with the SR crew. As long as we and me don't drink!!!!

Sorry had to let that out because that is my demon today.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you all (no need to apologise cflex).

Just finished my bath, going for a walk soon. Good idea about the wine. We've just got new neighbours so maybe a welcome bottle. Otherwise it will be dumped tomorrow (I can't access it, there's no entrance to the garage from the house and I don't have the key. Hubby won't give it to me, he's been hoping for this for months).

Thank you. Off to enjoy the evening sun (headache easing) and looking forward to day 3.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
AA member

Good news,keep letting us know how you are doing.It is going to be another lovely day here tomorrow and you will be able to enjoy it sober.