Courage To Change: 05/17/14

Old 05-17-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change: 05/17/14

“When we talk of tomorrow,” says a Chinese proverb, “the gods laugh.” They laugh, I believe, not because they find us ridiculous, but because they know the future is not predictable. Thus we have no choice but to live one day at a time. I can make plans, but I cannot determine the results.
No amount of scheming about next week can control what will happen then. Circumstances will be different, and I myself will be different as well.
I can further compress the focus of this slogan to address one hour at a time, or even one minute at a time. In such small increments, life begins to feel not only bearable but precious. At any given moment, no matter
what is going on, if I concentrate on being right here, right now, I know that I am fine.

Today’s Reminder
My worst fears about tomorrow need not affect this day. By letting them go, I am free to grow. What bad habit can I change today? What fear can I face? What joy can I acknowledge? What good fortune, no matter how modest, can I celebrate? All I have is today. Let me make today the
most fully alive day I have ever experienced.

“Do not be anxious about tomorrow; tomorrow will look after itself.
The Bible