Notices

30 Days!

Old 05-16-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 Days!

Thirty days ago, I woke up after an evening of drinking a full bottle of wine. I felt terrible, was completely bloated, and looked awful. Although I had been cutting back since January 1 and that bottle of wine was no longer my norm, I knew if I kept drinking in any capacity (one glass, two glasses or an entire bottle), my body would ultimately break down completely some day. So, I have been completely committed to health ever since. It has been 30 days with no alcohol. I now feel great, I've lost six pounds, and am happier than I have been for soooo long. Thirty days is the longest that I've been without alcohol in nine years. I'm so glad I'm now committed to health and I am allowing my body to continue to heal. I have finally figured out that I can never, ever drink again and it has put me surprisingly at complete peace.

Thanks to everyone on this board. I don't always post, but your words have helped me in so many ways! Wishing you all health and happiness!
Old 05-16-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Wordsworth

D
Old 05-16-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done, I'm sure this was and is not easy. Keep you accomplishment close to your heart.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days that's awesome!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 30 days!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to go Wordsworth !

....good stuff .
Old 05-21-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support!! I appreciate your responses.

Still going strong in my commitment to health. I was on a business trip earlier in the week and as I was in the taxi headed to my hotel, we passed a restaurant that I used to frequent (i.e., drink the night away). Oh, the hangovers were stinging, especially when the day ahead of me involved back-to-back meetings. As I passed the restaurant, I didn't feel a longing for the old days, I simply felt sad for my former self, but then the sadness turned to this feeling of being completely content. My current path is so satisfying. I'm truly living my life and am so happy!!!
Old 05-21-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
Thank you all for your support!! I appreciate your responses.

Still going strong in my commitment to health. I was on a business trip earlier in the week and as I was in the taxi headed to my hotel, we passed a restaurant that I used to frequent (i.e., drink the night away). Oh, the hangovers were stinging, especially when the day ahead of me involved back-to-back meetings. As I passed the restaurant, I didn't feel a longing for the old days, I simply felt sad for my former self, but then the sadness turned to this feeling of being completely content. My current path is so satisfying. I'm truly living my life and am so happy!!!
Excellent post, wordsworth - and so very encouraging to others