Notices

Its that time and scared!

Old 05-16-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its that time and scared!

I just took my last piece of lortab so all the pills are gone! I want to quit in fact I need to quit these pills.

I have been taking 3-4 pills every day for the last 4 months and I finally realize that I am addicted to them. I want one now but do not have any.

I just want to know.

When does the withdraws start and will they be severe?

I have a 4 year old and a 5 months old and I can't be sick while caring for them. I guess the hardest part is the mental because my mind is always wanting one and hoping, I find a pill somewhere around the house even though, they are gone. This is killing me!!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know, the "cure" can be as bad as the disease.
Several years ago, I almost got hooked on Librium
that way, and it is suppose to be one of the safer drugs.

If your withdraw symptoms get severe, go to the ER.
Addiction is a %#$*(%%! But that is something that
we all know.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This sucks! It have been about 9 hours since my last pills and I would love to have one. Everything sucks right now in fact I am drinking wine just to take the edge off and to stop thinking about the pills. I am more mentally addicted then physically. What even suck worst is that tomorrow, I am going up my parents and my mother is prescribe them so I KNOW, they will be there but she only have 2 left. Its sad that I know that! I really want to just take them but I shouldn't. Maybe, I will half one............damn me! What am I going to do by going up there!

I'm just counting down the hours to bed so I can sleep and not think anymore. I do not have anyone to talk to because no one knows that I take them or addicted to them only this forum. I suck at life!
Old 05-16-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Get medical help if the withdrawal gets too bad. I'd watch out with the drinking too. Don't want to start another addiction.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi HeavenLee - welcome

None of us are Drs here.
If you get concerned do seek medical help.

Withdrawal from anything is never fun, but there's a lot of support here, and in our substance abuse forum too.

D
Old 05-16-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there HeavenLee!
Old 05-16-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you considered staying home and avoiding the temptation?

Do talk to your dr if you have medical concerns.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

can't stay home since I have no washer/dryer and need to wash clothes so I gotta go up there tomorrow. Oh yeah, can't go to the doctor either over the withdraws because I am not prescribe the lortabs and they would think bad of me. So its just me and my demons.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know you are stuck in a bad spot. Sometimes we feel overwhelmed with everything under our addiction spell. The ultimate goal should be sobriety, collateral damage included. Seek options, try to be objective, attack priority based, ex: how can I clean my clothes tomorrow? Why is my clothes cleaner broken?

Afraid I might not help with this, it's just my way of putting compartments to my problems, problem isolation and resolve planning.

Yikes this is long
Old 05-16-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Low

I went through opiate withdrawal more times than I can count, and I was taking 30 Norco a day....you'll be fine, just tell yourself you have the flu....you'll be uncomfortable, chills, fever, skin crawling a bit, depressed, and low grade fever....oh, and a bathroom issue on day 3. But buck up, with the low amount you were taking, you'll be over it in 6 days...THEN, the hard part really starts...NOT starting again.... Recovery is grand however, it's a gift, and life gets good. Remember, just tell your self it's the flu, don't give it the power of fear of "withdrawals...." and your right, the doctor will just give you more drugs. All the best.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You still hanging in there HeavenLee?