Notices

Im back ( days Af )

Old 05-16-2014, 01:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im back ( days Af )

Hi everyone, I have tried a few times to give up. Ive done 8 months 6 months and 3 months a week a day , but I cave in, lots of reasons well excuses !. But I have now realized I cant control the drink I have tried, so now its time for me to control my thoughts about drink and accept it. I love life without the drink but then I forget and think ok ones ok I have done a few months so Im good I can control it but one is never ok. So here I am and so grateful to be here again.
Im on day 9 AF and its a lovely sunny day in the Uk ....
Old 05-16-2014, 02:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you can make this your turning point AW

D
Old 05-16-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

aw
you are still on the path. Tripped over a few rocks, but still walkin.
For many of us that's part of the journey.
You are doing ok.
Keep pressing forward....
Old 05-16-2014, 02:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey aw, I tried sending a reply to your PM but something about settings kept coming up, just incase you throught I was ignoring you!!

Great to have you back, I always wonder when threads started a long time ago are commented on, if someone somewhere maybe receives an email notification, and that maybe gives just a little bit of much needed hope, at just the right time!!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

12 days AF

well I made it through the weekend had a few drink thoughts but not to bad. Saw my counselor today we talked about trigger points and how to recognize them , so alls well x
Old 05-19-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you are trying again. You can do this. We are all here for you.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

All the best and good luck with your new enthusiasm!
Old 05-19-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi aw58,

Way to go with making the commitment.

I, as well, have had long periods with abstaining from alcohol but never with a commitment. Never thought anything of it. The commitment makes all the difference in the world IMHO.

Nice job on you 12 days!
Old 05-19-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on 12 days. You can do this.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You're preaching to a super friendly choir AW. I too have been seduced after abstinence...many times. I can't seem to get it through my head that sobriety is a progressive, productive life if I can simply stay on path.

Right here with ya...only a few days in...again.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

I am like you AW, many many attempts, false starts, whatever. But I too am back with just a few days of sobriety. I think we can both do it this time!
Old 05-19-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It took me a while to really get it too. I drank all my life, but now have 6+ yrs. sober. So I know you can get there.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 13 AF

I have had a good nights rest and feel fresh. I can get up and do not need to take pain killers for a throbbing head, I can go out in my car as i can drive. I can think straight. I can plan ahead and go exciting places as Im not wondering who is going to drive. This morning i am going to a spiritual group (first time) and the topic is True self, so Ive quickly made some notes. i need to learn how to go into rooms with people and be a confident me. I DONT need a drink to do this I CAN do this without a drink, this is me talking to myself. My hubby is supporting me by not drinking indoors and In return I have agreed to go out a couple of times a week but hes agreed we can go home if it gets to much for me. thank you everyone I know i can do this with your help... Hugs to all x
Old 05-20-2014, 01:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
instant

Well done AW- may the fruits of sobriety continue to blossom
Old 05-20-2014, 02:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Keep going, it will get better and better, the changes are smaller but they will be all around you, just keep going and don't jump ship just because you've got to a safe place keep going and there will be so much more just around the corner.
John.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Day 14 Af

2 weeks with no hangover and money to spend how fab is that !. I had a tough day yesterday, I twisted my wrist last week doing gardening, thought ouch at the time but carried on. By yesterday it was agony so went to the docs who sent me for an xray I have broken a small bone and a bad sprain. Watching the people in the hospital was an eye opener there were 3 very drunk chaps, one a 20 ish old lad who could hardly walk, I so wanted to help him, I think he had fallen over another fast asleep over 5 chairs he had even took his trainers off and another really being abusive he eventually got told to leave, he did but was yelling and swearing on the way out, poor nurses having to deal with this day in day out. How come alcohol is so romanticized we accept it from an early age, we turn 18 and get bought drink we celebrate everything with a drink. The teli is full of people in pubs drinking normally !! Feeling thoughtful today. I think we were all duped into thinking drinkings ok they opened bars 24 hours they made drink very available they made it affordable now we are a nation of drinkers and now there whacking the prices up and telling us how many units to drink, how about saying dont drink any xx lets reeducate our children our grandchildren its not clever to drink its very harmful..
Old 05-21-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Congratulations on two weeks, aw, that's fab!

I hope your wrist gets better soon. I'm nursing a rotator cuff injury from painting fence panels back in April, so you definitely have my sympathy
Old 05-21-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 15 A F

Day 15 and its chucking it down in the UK its really horrid and looks like its going to be like this for the next few days which is rubbish for the kids and familys that are on holiday next week. My wrist is blinking hurting and by now I would have had a few drinks to ease the pain but Im not giving in. Before when I have given up I always thought it was till I can control it , it felt like I was in charge and proving to myself I could do it then I could then be a normal drinker so in the back of my mind I was never truly giving up for ever. But this time I am and as scared as I am I will do this and try hard not to think to far in the future. I have relied on drink to give me confidence in certain situations, to take the edge of my nerves for example , I take my son away for a week he usually finds mates to hang round with so Im left on my own a bit, it never bothered me as I could go to the bar with a book and get a drink to unwind and relax and after a few would talk to random people, it would take the feeling of boredom and loneliness away, I have to learn to do this without the drink....
Old 05-23-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day 16 AF

day 16.. Ive got a poorly wrist a poorly car and a very soon poorly bank account but we have to learn to cope with what life throws at us without rushing to get a drink. Drink is not my friend and I dont want to be friends with any drink.
i went out with hubby to a pub last night a band was playing I had soft drinks, I was ok at first but then it got crowded and people were sitting too close using our table for their drinks, felt they were invading my space, this wouldnt normally bother me but last night it really got on my nerves. Hubby had 5 pints of real ale and he smelt of yeast was yuk and was being bumbling lol, so that got on my nerves. I only went out as its a deal we have struck, he doesnt drink indoors anymore and have a fridge full of beer, but we go out a couple of times instead, this has reduced his drinking and its helping me by taking away the temptation , but cant help feeling it got on my nerves, I think if Im honest I was in a situation I didnt want to be in and was feeling resentful..
Old 05-23-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

way to hang in there...

whutchya gonna do differently this time around?