Wow just realized something!!!!!

Old 05-15-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow just realized something!!!!!

I was reading another post from someone who's dealing with what I used to deal with, and she was talking about the knots in her stomach and the constant worry...and I suddenly realized I haven't felt that feeling in two months now!!!!! I'm actually not worried anymore. My kids and I have a safe place to live that is all ours, and I never have to worry about waking them up in the middle of the night to get away from a belligerent drunk man. What a feeling. I felt that feeling pretty much every day for seven years of my life. Now that I've left, he's actually NOT drinking. He's gone longer not drinking then he did when I was there. And now, if anything, I don't mind if he relapses because maybe it's what ne needs to go through.

Life is too short to live that way every day. It's so much anxiety. Tonight he is watching the boys while I go shopping and exercise, and then this weekend I have some great things planned for the boys. As recently as a few months ago, I was a zombie just trying to get through the day. It's getting better all the time. It's not easy, but it's BETTER.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wonderful, emmy, just wonderful!

welcome to your new life!
Old 05-15-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

So glad to hear it, Emmy. Sometimes the hardest part is just taking that first step. We worry that we can't do it alone, but don't stop to think that we've been pretty much doing it alone anyway. Change can be scary, but you took that step anyway and I'm glad it's paying off. (((HUGS)))
Old 05-15-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wonderful realizations and outlook, Emmy! You've made a ton of progress in a relatively short amount of time.