Notices

NEED Help With Young Friend. This Is BAD

Old 05-14-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

NEED Help With Young Friend. This Is BAD

I posted Monday(?) regarding my young friend recovering/relapsing. My husband sent him to the Using Woman's home. Her electricity was turned off due to non payment so she skipped town with her children (how did I get here?) so the young fellow is back.
He is lost. I left voice mail for his father and have not received a return call. His mother and ex step father want nothing to do with it. Who would? My husband is at his wit's end - the whole "Master of my Domain" syndrome; thus I am at my wit's end trying to take care of the men.
I think he needs to go back to rehab. He just texted me that he is withdrawing badly. GREAT. He said he called a number that I provided for a subox program and his phone ran out of calling minutes in the middle of the call.
I have cried several times today. I am at work. He needs help that I cannot provide.
Thank you all for being there.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If he can't get to a hospital on his own, tell him to call 911, or walk into a store and tell them to call. An ambulance will come get him and get him to a hospital, then treatment.

You need to pull back, you're in over your head. Let him do this. It's the only way.

911 is a free call.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Blythe, I know you care about this guy, but this is not your problem. You do not have to take care of him and you aren't the proper person to be trying to do so. Your husband is right, the guy needs to go. There is a reason his family wants nothing to do with him. He has burned his bridges and yet nothing has changed.

If this young man truly wants recovery, he can find it. Addicts are very good at finding their drugs and they can be just as resourceful at finding help when they need it.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

As much as it hurts, there's not a lot you can do. He's using you for all he can right now, and will continue to do so as long as he possibly can. If he has a means to get back into a rehab, you could certainly offer to take him there but that's it. Or he could call 911.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, 911 seems like the appropriate action.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just now told him to hike over to the ER - that it would empower him - because all of you are right. This is not my responsibility. Or my husband's.
I also asked if he should go back to rehab. He said no, of course.
And I just texted him to call 911.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I cannot thank you all enough for your help. I obviously have zero experience with this.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Blythe you seem like a truly caring person. He will try to use that to his advantage. As others have said he can call 911.

Some people can't be helped.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

He would be one who cannot be helped. I am picking him up in front of my house and taking him to the ER.