Notices

This Will Be My Last Hangover

Old 05-13-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile This Will Be My Last Hangover

Hello everyone!
This is not my first time trying to be sober but, this is my first time reaching out for support. I am twenty years old and an agoraphobic (among other things) which is why I never went to any meetings, though I would really like to. Do any of you go to meetings? I don't drink every day. Usually 2 - 3 times per week since I was fourteen. I binge drink on these occasions on the crappiest stuff and act like the biggest jerk. I feel horrible and ashamed of myself. On top of that I feel sick as my body is mimicking diabetes. Also, I don't know if I can count today as my fist day sober. I was drinking until 4 am. I really don't have anyone. From what I've read you all seem very nice so I'm looking forward to making some friends.
Thank you!
~Carni
Old 05-13-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job on deciding to quit. I myself am only on my 3rd day so I understand what you're going through. Not my first time either but the people here are very friendly and supportive. Meetings kind of scare me to but once you go...everyone is just and friendly and they have been through it too. I hate large groups of people so I looked for ones that didn't have very many but the only way to find that out is to go. Good luck!
Old 05-13-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There is an online chat-type meeting here tonight on this site...let me se if I can find the link or instructions for you.

Welcome!

edit: here is the thread to tell you how to participate or just "listen in" to tonight's chat meeting. I think they are on Tues and Fri.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4645681
Old 05-13-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I consider myself to be "any one" l.o.l. You got me and SR to help. You are not alone here
Old 05-13-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Carni

If you feel poorly, can you get to a Dr?

D
Old 05-13-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome I'm in my early 20s also, you will find lots of support here!
Old 05-13-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Carni
Old 05-13-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 05-13-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family. You'll find a lot of support here. I'm glad you joined us.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Carni! You're never alone - we're all in this with you. It's very good to have you with us.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow, everyone here is so amazing and supportive!! I already feel a change. I feel so uplifted, I believe that this time I can do this, I can quit!! I sat in on yesterday's meeting and listened in on everyone's share. Such great advice and one of the people sharing had been sober for three years! That is so amazing! I can't wait until I can say that! Thank you all, I look forward to being less shy and more active on the forum! Hugs!!
Old 05-14-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Carni! You have a life ahead of you and its great that you decide not to waste it being drunk. When I got here 11 days ago I was still a little drunk from the night before. As soon as I spent a long while browsing these post I felt home. So many people that feel the same way...This is the only resource I have found that has been so uplifting, supportive and nonjudgemental. 11 days sober is a new one for me, believe me. So anyway, good luck. You can count on us.