Updates...

Old 05-13-2014, 12:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Updates...

Everybody loves updates!

Jimmy is doing so well! He's sober and going to DRUG & ALCOHOL!!! Makes it so much better when he's seeking help n not in denial and lying to himself and me. He got a psychiatrist yesterday too. He's not given me grief on going so it's a huge step in his recovery. He always cried like a baby when I told him he needed help.

Me on the other hand, not doing well right now. I think I tore my rotator cuff in April when I was working on our pool. I went to the Dr and got some meds that barely get me through the day but it's better than nothing. I've been waiting to be approved for my MRI and JJ my boxer puppy tripped me and I fell on my bad shoulder yesterday. I laid on the living room floor for awhile because I was home alone and the dogs scattered and didn't have my phone on my person! I have my MRI scheduled for Monday now. I can't move without severe pain and the little bit that I do move, my shoulder crackles!!! I lost a lot of strength. I can hardly hold a pen now!

I'm so glad Jimmy is sober because I couldn't deal with myself if he was drinking. It'd be just too much after everything we've been through! He told me yesterday that he's going to build me a deck on our pool! It'll be something to look forward too if I need surgery and time off.I'll be using the pool for therapy!
Old 05-13-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh no! I will keep you in my thoughts! Healing prayers and a good orthopedic surgeon are what you need!

That is such positive news on Your Jimmy. Thanks for sharing how he is moving along his path with more understanding.

A deck sounds like a lovely addition. Gentle hugs with your shoulder!
Old 05-13-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks code job! I won't know anything until I get the MRI. I wanted to go to the gym n walk while Jimmy lifted and I just don't feel like it! I can't believe I fell and hit so hard, especially that shoulder!

On the 18th, I'll have 6 months smoke free too!
Old 05-13-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Great news about your hubby, Rotz! But I'm sorry to hear you have been in so much pain. I hope the doctors can provide you with some relief for that shoulder soon!!
Old 05-13-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Yeah. THAT is going to hurt awhile.

But I guess HE will be busy with HIS hurting, and YOU have YOURS.

About 4 years now on my shoulder -- but not as severe as yours, it sounds. Most days mostly good with it.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So happy for you and Jimmy!!! Sorry about your shoulder - hoping for a speedy recovery.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Sorry to hear about your should Roz, it's horrible when you hurt an existing injury. Great news about Jimmy; when I saw your update I thought the worst. I hope the MRI doesn't show anything too gruesome.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I tore this shoulder up 2 years ago. I don't know what I did to it but I can remember drawing my bow back and the next day, I couldn't do it if someone paid me! I lost my whole season to it! Never had it checked and just babied it because Jimmy said I was fine. It never went numb and crackled though like it is now. This time, I was using a screw driver on my skimmer box. I was working on it for at least 4 hours that day because it was leaking. I put that box on and took it off 4 or 5 times to reseat the gasket. I finally got it to stop and felt sore the next day... I thought it was a good sore... then the next week.... was getting worse.... then 2 weeks in, I couldn't take it anymore!
Old 05-13-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ugh, so sorry about your shoulder and then falling on it, OUCH!!! Glad you're getting an MRI on Monday so you'll have some answers.

I'm happy that Jimmy is taking care of himself, now you can go kick your feet up and relax...and go float in that pool of yours!
Old 05-13-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ouch is right! I hope you don't need surgery and heal quickly. Glad to hear he is working on sobriety, that is a great thing!

Take good care of YOU! Keep us updated!
Old 05-13-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ouch! Those shoulder things can be a bear -- I hope you get it straightened out, and I'm happy to hear you have the time and energy to spend on yourself!!!
Old 05-13-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Time to put you first for awhile.
Your body is telling you to.
Heal.
Heal you.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

If it needs surgery I'm getting it done. I can't even hold a cup of coffee without spilling it all over myself! I get more on me than in me!
Old 05-13-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sending you good thoughts, BnR.

If it is a big tear, push them to diagnose it quickly, because you don't want it to start healing before the surgery - that makes it harder for them to move the structures around to fix/close the tear if scar tissue has started to form and glued them down because you waited too long.

Good thing you got the pool serviced so you can bask as you recover from your upcoming surgery!

We'll keep ya company out there on the deck.

CLMI
Old 05-13-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

waiting a whole nother week for MRI is excrutiating. Can you tell them that you are in TERRIBLE PAIN and need it sooner? maybe they will move you up....or just get to the ER?

insurance hoops and pre-certs. aside, this is going to be a long week.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

That's the soonest they can get me in. Excrutiating is an understatement! As long as I keep it close to me and not use it, the pain is bearable but we all know how that is... next to impossible. I'm not used to sitting around and my house is suffering from it! I have muscle relaxers (I could kiss the person who found these out), Vic 10's/325, ibuprofen, and I'll piggy back it with a Tylenol since the Tylenol is low in the Vic's. My dr is ok with that until we can see what the shoulder looks like. I'm well under the 3000mg daily to be safe.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I find myself really pissed off! I don't know if it's the pain meds, the constant pain, the loss of strength or the fact that I am so effin useless right now that I can't even pull the effin covers up over me because I have no strength! I can't do anything and I'm not happy about it! AT ALL! I just want yo go on a rampage and I feel like if someone says anything, I could hurt their feelers and I don't mean too! I'm tired! I'm sick of not being able to be who I am because of this injury! I feel like it's stealing my life! I'm so mad over it! I have to wait til Monday... I'm so tired of waiting! I just want to get up and be able to get dressed, showered, do house work for crying out loud without wanting to chop my arm off!

Waiting for my muscle relaxer and pain med to kick in n tale me off to lala land! I just feel so irrational.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

BoxinRotz, so sorry to hear about your shoulder. I had surgery for bad rotator cuff and bicep tears on December 4th, was healing and got too fancy and re-injured and tore the rotator cuff again on April 1st, and will have second surgery on June 4th, so I know what you are going through. So sorry to hear about it.

I can quite literally say I feel your pain. It is frustrating, infuriating, confining and so unfair. Like you, I want to do what I want to do, when I want to do it, and it is very hard to give that up. I should not have pushed to do more than I was able. That was a hard lesson for me.

I suggest you request surgery as soon as possible. Tell the doctors it is getting worse. They will be able to fix it, and you will recover. You are determined, and if you follow their pace, you'll get healed and get your strength back. It's been a time for me to re-focus. Sometime I'll write an update for you all about what's been going on since I last posted. Life is moving on, and hard as it is, it is good.

My best advice is to try to learn to do as much as you can left handed. You've got a good partner to take care of you, and that will mean a lot. Having the pool and the summertime to float around and heal is great. Aqua therapy is supposed to be wonderful. That's what I'll do this next time. PM me if you'd like to talk further.

ShootingStar1
Old 05-17-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

PSSSSSSSSSSST, maybe this will help - video archery games
Old 05-17-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

The fact that my archery hunting is in dire jeopardy is another reason I'm so upset. It's like taking Christmas off a child who's anticipating that day and before it comes, it's over!!! Not gonna happen! I will be the worst person on earth because I live to hunt and hunt to live! It may sound stupid to some but it's away of life for me! IIt's food for us and losing that... omg... not to mention the time in the woods and how it heals my soul.

SS... thank you for commenting. I have pain in my bicep and tricep and it runs through my back and the top of my shoulder. All the muscles are literally strained. I can't even hold a cup of coffee without wearing it! I have been keeping it as close as possible to me and basically quit using it. When I try to keep it from freezing up and do light rotation, I end up in pain and wonder wtf I even try! I feel like I've lost myself and it's only going to get worse for me if I can't hunt in October and draw my bow!!!