Since it IS Mother's Day...

Old 05-11-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Linkin Park Enthusiast

Since it IS Mother's Day...

I was going to call the ABF's mom and tell her happy Mother's Day.

She still refuses to speak to me.

I just think it would be a nice thing to do. Although I think I might want to text her instead. Or send her a card. Or something other than call, because I will have to leave a message and I hate doing that (in general, not just in this situation).

I don't want to make her mad, but it just seems like a nice thing to do.

And happy Mother's Day to everyone else out there!
Old 05-11-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

happy Mother's Day to you, inpieces.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Or just let her be.

What does bothering her do for you?

Do Good.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Linkin Park Enthusiast

Update!

She called me back.

We had a nice talk. She said thanks for the text, she had a crappy mother's day, and I said, yeah me too. Which is why I did it in the first place-the woman lost her SON-mother's day would obviously be the best time to show her that someone else does care!

I knew it was the right thing to do. And honestly I didn't expect her to call me back at all. So anyway, we had a nice (considering the circumstances) talk. I told her how things really are here, because she has no idea-although as it turns out, the ABF did not lie to her as much as I thought he did. I am shocked.

As to his vehicle, she is going to allow me to be the local agent for the estate-after I get it appraised and figure out how much he owes in fines to the DMV, she will decide if she wants to keep it. I will either ship it to her or take it out there myself, depending. But we are both on the same page-the sister is not to get it, period.

And I told her I have pretty much everything he had, so she had some requests, which means I have to dig through my storage unit to look for this stuff, which will be hard, I am sure. I have been there twice and didn't last long either time.

So, yes, although I am far from glad about the circumstances that created this situation, I am glad I get to do the right thing. Finally. This is a huge relief. You have no idea. Words just can't express the feeling.