Notices

Made it through today

Old 05-10-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it through today

Today was my first day back at work since my bender that almost got me fired, and everyone knew about it. I was high stressed, major anxiety, and felt super hungover even though I'm on day 4! Work actually was fine once I was there, but but the end of the day I was exhausted and irritable. I made myself be extra pleasant to everyone considering my position, but one miserable co-worker wouldn't quit! She has a major chip on her shoulder all the time, and today she took it out on me. I let it slide, didn't retaliate, even though I was dying to. On a normal day like this I would be running to the nearest liquor store or bar after work. I went home, cried, ate dinner, and moved on. So proud I didn't cave. Feeling better, and hoping day 5 will be better! Sorry for the rant
Old 05-10-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AA member

Congratulations on 4 days,without a doubt day 5 will be better for you.

Well done not retaliating to your co-worker.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations, NYCfitnessgirl! Glad you're sticking around and sticking to sobriety!
Old 05-10-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Every day should get better.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!!
Old 05-10-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Push through! You are doing great. Day 4 was very difficult for me too but today at day 7 if feel more normal. Headaches are much better and the hungover feeling is starting to go. I just got home from a work cocktail and then a family party celebrating Mother's Day. Feeling so bad the last 7 days gave me the strength to stay away from the booze so I wouldn't have to repeat this all over again. Tomorrow I have brunch that includes mimosas, which I love. I really need my emotional muscles cause two days in a row resisting is difficult.

Just get a handle on the idea that you are almost through the worst days.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats to you! Tomorrow will be day 7 for me. An entire week! I'm blown away. I made it through today with very little of the "voice" in my head. You'll be surprised at how well you'll be able to take stress without alcohol. When I was drinking every day, every little thing got on my nerves and couldn't wait to leave work and hit the bottle. Now that I'm sober it seems things are starting to roll off my back. I hope eventually it works out that way for you as well.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Joyfullysober, I can totally relate. Sunday mimosas were my favorite, sometimes more than a Saturday night out. I plan on drinking oj with friends when I go again, so It feels kind of the same. Not sure if that is a good idea either, lol. Thoughts on that?
My mother is bringing me to church tomorrow instead. It's her day, and I'm actually looking forward to it! You stay strong as well!
Old 05-11-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If you have the strength to keep socializing and avoid the booze then by all means go with your friends. I usually go cause my problem starts after the 1-2nd drink, not before. However, I have discovered that if you have a smile on your face and look like you're having a good time, people don't bug you.

After a good night sleep I have my emotional muscles back in place. After 7 days sober I will NOT blow it today.