Notices

Pity Party:(

Old 05-10-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Pity Party:(

I am totally having a pity party. I just had my six month birthday. My Av is chatting loudly in my ear today.
He won't break me, i'm picking up the kettle not the bottle. But boy do i feel sorry for myself.
I'm waiting on tests from the hospital, which i have on tues and a biopsy. I have had a facial rash for five months that is still undiagnosed. I feel exhausted pretty much all the time. My back hurts. They think i may have lupus. I am angry that this is happening to me. I am a spa therapist so having terrible skin is the worst.
I feel so sorry for myself today. i was meant to have a day out shopping with my mum, but i had to come home to rest. I'm sick of it.
A glass of pinot would cause me nothing but more misery, but boy i'd kill for one today.
Trouble is it would never be one, so i'll stick with tea.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by apophylite View Post
I am totally having a pity party. I just had my six month birthday. My Av is chatting loudly in my ear today.
He won't break me, i'm picking up the kettle not the bottle. But boy do i feel sorry for myself.
I'm waiting on tests from the hospital, which i have on tues and a biopsy. I have had a facial rash for five months that is still undiagnosed. I feel exhausted pretty much all the time. My back hurts. They think i may have lupus. I am angry that this is happening to me. I am a spa therapist so having terrible skin is the worst.
I feel so sorry for myself today. i was meant to have a day out shopping with my mum, but i had to come home to rest. I'm sick of it.
A glass of pinot would cause me nothing but more misery, but boy i'd kill for one today.
Sorry to hear this, but I truly commend you for not picking up the bottle when feeling so down, please let us know how you get on next week, we are all here for you.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Oh, Bless you, apophylite I'm so sorry for what you're going through, but 6 months sober is amazing! And I love that you are picking up the kettle not the bottle

Good luck with the tests. Being sober is the best way to deal with anything that might be uncovered. Lean on us - we're here for you
Old 05-10-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by apophylite View Post
Believe it or not, Tea always makes me feel better. With a dash or lemon and cinnamon
Old 05-10-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Whoa..I have almost 5months,am a massage therapist and was having a total pity party yesterday!Reading step 8 helped and showed me when I get jammed up w depression and self loathing we just project in onto others that are undeserving..just a thought..It did make me snap out of it...wishing you the best!
Old 05-10-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Apophylite)))
Old 05-10-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

well appleflyright.
Hang in there. A thought: you would kill for one. but would you die for one?
Old 05-10-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

"Trouble is, it would never be one." It took decades for that bit of wisdom to sink in.

Apophylite, I'm very sorry for the physical problems you're having. Let us know how it goes on Tuesday.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Something about you Lbrain really does cheer me up!
No I wouldn't die for one, I wouldn't even kill for one really, I don't have the energy lol
Old 05-10-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You're allowed to feel sorry for yourself when things get tough, just don't do it for too long.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
well appleflyright.
Hang in there. A thought: you would kill for one. but would you die for one?
I like that thought!
Old 05-11-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better today apophylite

D