Notices

Getting off the sleep aids

Old 05-08-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting off the sleep aids

I've posted about this a few times, and I need to get serious about it: I'm officially worried about the OTC sleep aids. I'm not drinking (I just started month 6), but I've been taking OTC sleep aids for the last 3 or so. I know it does not sound bad, but I do not like how easy it has become to pop a few an hour before bed and zonk out. And I've caught myself actually looking forward to the zoned-out state the put me in. It feels too much like the desires I had for booze. I still get up early, but I'm groggy. Yes, way better than hungover,but I feel like I'm cheating, like I'm not really sober. So, I'm going to hammer through a few nights without the sleep aids, and I might lean on you all a bit for a few days. I am worried about tonight, though, because I have band practice and playing music really wakes me up. But I'll take a cool shower after jamming, have some tea, and read the book I bought today. Sorry if this sounds "minor," but it's kind if a big deal for me.
-night one sans sleep aid
Old 05-08-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

It sounds like you have traded one addiction for another. It is very easy to get hooked on sleep aides. Can you talk to your doctor about it?