Notices

Good morning AV

Old 05-08-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good morning AV

Wow. So I had a very vivid dream about going on a bender last night and was regretting the decision in the dream. I was relived when I woke up, first thought was that was a dream I'm good.

The main reason for this post is that I'm noticing familiar thoughts of romanticizing drinking. There are a few significant milestones coming up today and over the next week. All positive but Ive noticed even positive experiences can still be intense and cause emotional spikes with me.

One of which is 90 days of sobriety tomorrow! That on itself is huge but I'm also finishing physical therapy school. And the congratulatory buy you a drink offers are already coming in.

Long story long my AV has been turned up lately and I'm feeling worn down. Leaning on my SR community for some acute support.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job Seeks! Saying "no thanks" gets easier the more ya do it imo
Old 05-08-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

90 days is awesome!

Congrats on finishing PT school, too!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober time. That is huge!

And congrats on finishing school. I always thought that people would be so disappointed that I couldn't partake with them anymore. Nobody really cared.

There are a lot of other ways to reward yourself for a great accomplishment. You deserve it.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations, seeks!

Big events, milestones, even changes in season tend to make my AV feisty, I have noticed. Remind yourself that this is just a day, like any other day. Maybe join the 24 hour club? I have to fall back on ODAAT thinking when lots is going on and all I can see are days laced with triggers.

Good luck and enjoy celebrating your accomplishments!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome seeks!!!!!!! When you celebrate finishing school, fast forward to the next morning.....will it be worth it if u r hung over!?!? I bet most of those offers are motivated by just wanting you to come along and hang out, your company will be worth it alone! Congrats!!!