feeling really flat and sad

Old 05-08-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling really flat and sad

my husband goes to rehab tomorrow morning. I'm happy he is going I wish he was going away on a more positive note. Our relationship is at crumbling point. I feel like and he feels like this is the end as neither of us know the future but I know I can't live like this anymore. He is crying all the time and saying things like I've lost you. He hasn't lost me yet but he needs to do rehab for us to have a future. feel quite sorry for myself..... Sorry
Old 05-08-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Now is a good time for each of you to heal, to find your own recoveries, and to put joy back into your lives...apart or together...unafraid of what the future may bring.

None of us knows what tomorrow may hold, so we must embrace each day and find something to bring us peace in our hearts.

Maybe take a walk in nature today, or find quiet time to renew your own spirit. Find a meeting in your area and begin with that as a start to "your" recovery as he begins his.

Life can be hard, it can be sad, but we hold the key to our own happiness and need to remember to use it sometimes to let in the light when we are sitting in darkness.

Hugs
Old 05-08-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wish you both the best, Karrets.

Many people out there would love to have this chance for their loved one, and for their own selves.

It probably seems quite sad, but really, it is meant for healing, learning, and finding the way live without drugs/alcohol.

You need to heal too. Take care of yourself...
chicory
Old 05-08-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Love and hugs to you, Karrets. This could be the start of a very important healing period for you.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I know I need to heal to be able to just sleep and not worry what the next days brings. Being sage in my home without going to bed with my possesions. I pray that he sticks it out cause I don't know what I would do if I got a call from him saying he is coming out. I don't want to have to make that choice and leave him homeless
Old 05-08-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Karrets, only he can decide if he is going to work this opportunity or not.

You may have to make choices, but certainly you don't need to do anything now but breathe. Work on you. Go to support meetings. Relax a little in knowing he is safe and that you are free from the stress of using for a little while.

You have to do what you need to make yourself emoationally happy and healthy. Make a list of the things you can do to work towards those goals, one baby step at a time.

HugsXXX
Old 05-08-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Karrets, I think the fact that he is going is a great start. Only he can make the decision whether he will stay and work it. Instead of wrrying about the what ifs (I know how hard that is, believe me!), try and just take things one day t a time. You will never feel peaceful if you conjure up all the what if's every day. Now that he is going, start doing things for yourself that you enjoy, no matter how small. Take walks, take a bubble bath, have your favorite ice cream, get a pedicure or massage. You get the gist. This is the time you can relax a little knowing he is in good hands and start finding some peace for yourself.
I wish you the best and will keep you both in my prayers.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Karrets View Post
my husband goes to rehab tomorrow morning. I'm happy he is going I wish he was going away on a more positive note. Our relationship is at crumbling point. I feel like and he feels like this is the end as neither of us know the future but I know I can't live like this anymore. He is crying all the time and saying things like I've lost you. He hasn't lost me yet but he needs to do rehab for us to have a future. feel quite sorry for myself..... Sorry
Im going to send up a little prayer tonight along with a lot of good wishes for you and your husband. I remember how frightening it is at the beginning of rehab. Emotions are high for both husband and wife.... Especially scary at the beginning of drug treatment is the fear it wont be effective. I think this is where we just have to pray, have faith, and trust in the doctors at the rehab to do their job well, and guide our loved one into lasting recovery. I hope you will be able to get some rest after he is admitted. I know you must be exhausted. Once he gets settled in, you might also want to check and see if the rehab offers any special support for family members. My husbands offered therapy for me, and marriage counseling for us. They are all different in what they offer but might be something helpful to you. Its good he is doing this voluntarily and I hope tomorrow goes well.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well he has gone... I'm more relaxed. done a full days work then tidied up my house with the help of my daughter. I'm happy and will sleep tonight without the fear of housing my things. I've got lots of lovely friends around me and things planned. I wish him all my love and luck in the world but today for the first time in a long time belongs to me
Old 05-09-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Cheer up.
Hopefully he will come back a different man.
Maybe one that you knew and fell in love with in the past.
It can be done. I know,I'm working toward a better life for myself and my family.
The foggy glasses need to be cleaned off before the real goals in life appear.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Bob I'll miss him but not that roller coaster life. It's up to him now
Old 05-09-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm hoping for a positive experience for both of you. Use this time to relax and regain some peace. Hugs.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Karrets View Post

Really sorry to hear you are going through this at the moment, I applaud your husband doing this for both of you, this may well turn out to be what saves your marriage. Feeling sorry for yourself is perfectly Normal at a time like this.

Wishing you both well.