Notices

Heroin Addict-New-Suboxene-Started today

Old 05-07-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Heroin Addict-New-Suboxene-Started today

Hi everyone. Thank you for your honesty I feel when reading your posts and replies. I am a 44 year old male, started using vicodin in my 30's, which progressed to Oxycontin in my 40's and have now been on heroin 2 and 1/2 years. I was smoking it only for the first year. Now, I am shooting it in my arm once a week and smoking it the other 6 days. I use more than a gram a day, but no more than a gram and a half. Have tried to quit in the past but couldn't get past the pain of withdrawal. Determined, I had my doctor write me a RX for suboxene 8 mg sublingual. (I don't want to become addicted to this drug either, but that's a story for another day).

Took half the sublingual this morning at 8am. Took the other half at 9:00AM. I also **** 2 mg of xanax so I could relax and sleep. When I am awake, I am experiencing, Restless Leg Syndrome, I am anxious, uneasy, can't get out of bed, don't have much of an appetite, sneezing, etc. etc. A general feelingof uneasiness.

My question is this: How long will it take for me to start to feel better? I mean, in terms of RLS, anxiety, cravings, etc. Any information will be helpful. I am familiar with AA and NA, btw and plan on attending as soon as I feel better.

Thank you for any input you can give me.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hammy - if the dosage was correct with the suboxone I would be feeling really bad for the first day, a little better on the second day and relatively OK by day 3. However, if the dosage was too low it would just keep dragging on until I either stopped the subs and tried to get off everything or else I went back to the H.

How long do you plan on staying on the suboxone?

One thing I can say is that staying in the bed while you are awake is probably going to make it worse (especially the RLS). If you think that you can't get out of bed ask yourself if you would be able to find the energy to get up and walk to meet up with the dope man. Maybe I wasn't sick enough, because I could always get out of bed as soon as I knew I was going to be sorted out in 10 mins. You have to get that same level of determination to get up and start moving even though you don't feel like it.