Notices

Confidence

Old 05-07-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Confidence

It's true...being sober rocks!

Today I had a normal day, with normal little problems:

Telemarketer called 3 times during the morning...until I finally picked up and told her...ok, I can't post here what I told her, but there were a few %$#@!! words

Then the husband threw a tantrum at dinner time (he didn't like what I cooked ). In the past that would have led me straight to the bottle and to feel like a victim for the rest of the night.

Today I chose not to be a victim.

I stood up straight. Told him to quit the drama, and made a quick bowl of mac & cheese (sadly he loves that more than homemade food...)

He was sulking. I didn't react. I kept doing my thing. He wants to choose to be miserable, it's his decision.

I'm choosing happiness.

Today I feel different. Like my old self...really really old self...the girl that I once was before I discovered the liquor store.

I still had horrible cravings, especially during my husband's tantrum. Even right now as I type this, I have huge cravings. But I won't give in. It's not worth it. If this old/new confidence keeps coming back...I think I'm going to keep it
Old 05-07-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep going. You got this
Old 05-07-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Proud of you Patricia. If I ever complained about what was served me I wouldn't get dinner next time.
Here's something for the telemarketers. Next time ask them to hold on a minute someone is at the door. Put the phone down for 5 minutes. Pick it up and say sorry. Oh wait a minute the dog needs to go out. Put the phone down for five minutes. Just keep doing this untilnthey finally hang up. They won't call back.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Proud of you Patricia. If I ever complained about what was served me I wouldn't get dinner next time. Here's something for the telemarketers. Next time ask them to hold on a minute someone is at the door. Put the phone down for 5 minutes. Pick it up and say sorry. Oh wait a minute the dog needs to go out. Put the phone down for five minutes. Just keep doing this untilnthey finally hang up. They won't call back.
Brain that's a great one!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Patricia…thought this might make you smile…

100 Funny Ways To Deal With Telemarketers.

I would have shared a recipe but since I can ruin a bowl of Cheerios I don't think that would help.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jaynie, LBrain you got me laughing really hard here! Thank you!
Old 05-08-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you Patricia! It does get better all the time. Hell I get annoyed when my SO asks me if this or that is ok for dinner, she is an excellent cook and knows I can and will eat anything she puts in front of me. I like mac and cheese too but not for a meal. Keep going , you'll be fine. Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 05-08-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I applaud you for how you handled it and didn't go for the drink. That would just make things worse. I'll be home a lot now so I have to have a positive stategy for dealing with the H when he's crabby. My plan is to have my own special space in the house to retreat to when he's being all negative. His attitude tends to readjust after some alone time
Old 05-08-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really pleased things are going well recoverywise Patricia

D