Notices

I'm new here. Today is day 0.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm new here. Today is day 0.

Basically I'm tired of being drunk / high all the time and how much money and time I spend on alcohol and drugs. I could be so much healthier without the smoking and drinking. I could have more time to be productive and not waste all my free time being high and drunk doing nothing. I could have more money to buy and do the things I want to. All if I quit. I've quit before, I can do it again. Starting is hard. But I gotta do it. I look forward to saying 2 weeks sober. Or ever 4 days. I'm already high today so today does not count. I have all the reasons to quit. I even have a good job that if they found out I was smoking marijuana I'd get fired. Not to mention if I wasn't buying drugs, I would not have to waste time waiting to meet these lousy low life drug dealers on the street. Who knows what I'm funding by buying drugs from them? I can live without this $4!%. I'm getting too old to be doing this anymore as well. I gotta grow up sometime. It's time. I've been high long enough. I know what it's like to be drunk or stoned. I'm good with it. I don't need anymore. I've have more than my fair share.

Anybody with me on this?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

my dealers owned nicer stuff than me.....

you can do this!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We're all here with you teff!! Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post

you can do this!!!
Right? Where I'm always broke or handing over my money to them, and they have nicer things than I do.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

to SR teef! I was sick of drinking too. I'm just a little over 2 weeks sober, feeling better and definitely saving money!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm with you teef.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by teef View Post
Basically I'm tired of being drunk / high all the time and how much money and time I spend on alcohol and drugs. I could be so much healthier without the smoking and drinking. I could have more time to be productive and not waste all my free time being high and drunk doing nothing. I could have more money to buy and do the things I want to. All if I quit. I've quit before, I can do it again. Starting is hard. But I gotta do it. I look forward to saying 2 weeks sober. Or ever 4 days. I'm already high today so today does not count. I have all the reasons to quit. I even have a good job that if they found out I was smoking marijuana I'd get fired. Not to mention if I wasn't buying drugs, I would not have to waste time waiting to meet these lousy low life drug dealers on the street. Who knows what I'm funding by buying drugs from them? I can live without this $4!%. I'm getting too old to be doing this anymore as well. I gotta grow up sometime. It's time. I've been high long enough. I know what it's like to be drunk or stoned. I'm good with it. I don't need anymore. I've have more than my fair share.

Anybody with me on this?
Hi Teef, we are all here for you buddy.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

On your side, teef. Welcome to SR.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, Teef!
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teef View Post
Basically I'm tired of being drunk / high all the time and how much money and time I spend on alcohol and drugs. I could be so much healthier without the smoking and drinking. I could have more time to be productive and not waste all my free time being high and drunk doing nothing. I could have more money to buy and do the things I want to. All if I quit. I've quit before, I can do it again. Starting is hard. But I gotta do it. I look forward to saying 2 weeks sober. Or ever 4 days. I'm already high today so today does not count. I have all the reasons to quit. I even have a good job that if they found out I was smoking marijuana I'd get fired. Not to mention if I wasn't buying drugs, I would not have to waste time waiting to meet these lousy low life drug dealers on the street. Who knows what I'm funding by buying drugs from them? I can live without this $4!%. I'm getting too old to be doing this anymore as well. I gotta grow up sometime. It's time. I've been high long enough. I know what it's like to be drunk or stoned. I'm good with it. I don't need anymore. I've have more than my fair share. Anybody with me on this?
Hey Teef. Day 0 for me as well. Hang in there bro anytime you want to talk let it out. I just signed up today I like this forum already. Coke is my demon what is yours?
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post

you can do this!!!
Mine, too! I agree, you can beat this!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Teef!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

welcome, teef!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family. I'm glad you joined us.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Definitely with you Teef - welcome aboard

D
Old 05-07-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i am day 79 myself.

It's true what people discus on here, past the initial couple of weeks it seems it becomes a mostly mental fight - fighting cravings, fighting insomnia, fighting boredom, fighting anxiety..... things like that.

Watch out for the first couple weeks, please please please see someone as soon as possible and dont do it alone......... doing it alone is very dangerous.

welcome aboard!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Wu Wei

Welcome teef. Day 0 or day 690(me), we still find that when we become aware we are NOW. It is always NOW O'clock, if you will pardon the attempt at humor.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes teef - we get you and we're here to help. I'm so glad you found us.

I drank all my life & was sure I needed it to cope with stress. In reality I was making things so much harder than they were. Being numb and foggy is no way to enjoy life. I'm glad you've made this important decision - you can do it.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

One day at a time. I am sober 27 days!