Notices

am i a drunk

Old 05-07-2014, 01:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

am i a drunk

hi everyone
I just wanted to start out me saying hello to everyone. I am a mentally ill person or at lest the dr said so.lol anyway I take 30 mg Lexapro,4000mg nuruntin, 40mg valium,60mg Inderal and 1 mg if prizozone. at night when I get home I like to drink alittle. when I say dink alittle I mean 4 to5 shots of vodka. it makes me feel so much better and then I don't have to take the valium. the problem is I am considered an alcoholic because I drink at night. im never mean to wife and me and my daughter seem to get along just great. am I in denial. is my few drinks a night destroying everything? please all comments would b helpful!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jeremy

No you wouldn't be considered an alcoholic simply because you drink at night.

4 to 5 shots a night is above the norm, but I think only you can make that determination really.

What made you post here?

I think you do need to think about your meds tho.

You might want to call your Dr and ask if its a good idea to mix alcohol with the meds you're taking

D
Old 05-07-2014, 01:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am not familiar with your medication regimen. I think you Mis-spelled a few. I imagine several of them do not recommend mixing with alcohol. Does your MD know you drink? Might want to level with your prescriber.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi jeremy69, welcome to SR
Old 05-07-2014, 02:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family. I'm glad you joined us.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. From many years of observation mixing drugs and alcohol can be very dangerous but if your an alcoholic that won't scare you/us.
"when I say dink a little I mean 4 to5 shots of vodka. it makes me feel so much better and then I don't have to take the valium."
Feeling good from drinking is where many of us came from. We in time increase the amount until we only get a glimpse of feeling good and continue with more and more never achieving what we want. Many don't recognize the problem until late into it and many times it's too late.
The big thing is to get honest with ourselves about OUR drinking and do something about it.

BE WELL
Old 05-07-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Happy to have you you here with us!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum. I would be concerned about mixing meds with alcohol. Now I am not forcing my opinion on anyone but you might want to really think about why you wrote. Again my opinion but I don't think that someone who finds here and wrote might want to think about that. Stick around you might figure it out either way.