Notices

BF GOING AWAY need advice please!

Old 05-06-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

BF GOING AWAY need advice please!

my bf is 29 years old and is going to the same rehab religious mission he went to 3 years ago before i knew him, its not a rehab in a sense like normal ones, its one where u need to find god and ask the lord for forgiveness and its in georgia, we are in pa.

he has really bad relapse on crack and was prescribed taking subutex and xanax he went to detox for a week and hes amess, not going to lie, but he seems better then prior to the detox.

his mother is super crazy and a lot of his problems stem from his relationship with her and not to say shes forcing him, he admits he wants help and wants to better his life and mine, however, it was like an ultimatium pretty much and i suggested for him to go to an actual rehab and figure out his issues. however his mom is pushing this mission thing, and he leaves on friday, i jst feel like hes been pushing this as well he got home exactly 1 week ago and has made tooth apts and seems like hes pushing off going

i just need some help please -- ive never done drugs, i clearly care about him im just like is this for real ive been seeing him every day jst ssaying like u need to do whats in ur heart .. ur 29 years old
Old 05-06-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Well he is 29 so if he wants to go he will go. The same way that you are powerless over his addiction and your did not cause it, cannot control it and cannot cure it you are powerless over his recovery. It sucks for you that he is going away long term and that he is encouraged by his mom but there is really not much you can do plus on a positive side it will give you time for yourself.
Now back to you, what are you doing for your recovery? Loving a crack addict takes its toll. Are you going to Nar Anon?