Notices

Sugar cravings...

Old 05-05-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sugar cravings...

So far I have been indulging in sugary treats to deal with the alcohol cravings. Today I decided it's time to start eating healthier.

It's been 11 days since my last drink and I already see huge improvements in every aspect of my life. But my digestive tract is still a mess. So I cut down on junk food, soda, sugary treats...and I am so ANGRY! Horrible mood, I can't stand anybody!

Ok, sorry about the outburst...I feel better now...ok, maybe just a little better
Old 05-05-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Today, I went shopping and picked up a big, healthy salad. I also bought some double chocolate fudge ice-cream. Guess I'm torn. lol Still beats drinking.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you are going to feel this way for a bit of time. make yourself a plate of macaroni, load up on some carbs and take a nice nap.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had a tiny piece of chocolate...I feel better now

I think I'm missing soda the most. I might buy some sparkling water tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I had a tiny piece of chocolate...I feel better now

I think I'm missing soda the most. I might buy some sparkling water tomorrow.
Baby steps Patricia68, baby steps. I think being sober means rewarding yourself for a job well done, whether its going to a movie, taking a weekend trip, having a nice dinner out, or eating some chocolate!! Enjoy your sobriety. You deserve it.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Baby steps Patricia68, baby steps. I think being sober means rewarding yourself for a job well done, whether its going to a movie, taking a weekend trip, having a nice dinner out, or eating some chocolate!! Enjoy your sobriety. You deserve it.
My favorite soda water is La Cruix brand. Zero calories and zero sodium. Super yummy.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm on day 30 and still craving sweets. I think I will need over eaters anonymous . LOL I think it's more important right now that we can stay sober. I will say a prayer for us tonight. Good luck my friend
Diana
Old 05-05-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You will, indeed, crazy sweets--I still do after multiple months sobriety.

And, as said in a podcast I heard, "you will feel better: you're going feel resentment better, you'll feel anger better..." Such is life as it was for me. BUT that was why I was finally facing it instead of getting wasted and harboring it--I hope that's a little consolation for ya!

Kudos for your sobriety--and pat yourself on the back when you indulge in sugar because you're moving forward, not back. I'm going to try to do the same as I continue to indulge in my peanut butter snickers..

Good luck!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
So far I have been indulging in sugary treats to deal with the alcohol cravings. Today I decided it's time to start eating healthier. It's been 11 days since my last drink and I already see huge improvements in every aspect of my life. But my digestive tract is still a mess. So I cut down on junk food, soda, sugary treats...and I am so ANGRY! Horrible mood, I can't stand anybody! Ok, sorry about the outburst...I feel better now...ok, maybe just a little better
Hi Patricia. Good stuff. I'm almost at 4 weeks and it's only this week the sugar cravings are going. Coffee cravings going up. The first part always hard with the mood swings. I cry for no reason all the time. Missing my best friend. Booze. I find it comes in waves and if I can ride it out I have some relief in between cravings and outbursts. I walked by a liquor store today and for the first time just thought it will be there tomorrow and went home. Hang in there. We are here for you.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Major sweets for me. I've got five months plus. I eat a nice healthy lunch and then eat candy bars from two o'clock onwards. It is worse on days that I am working and I need to break the habit. It has gotten easier and better. I find that a piece of fruit or baby carrots work too. Be easy in yourself in the beginning. Your body is still adjusting.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'd say go for the sugary treats - they were my best friends for about the first three weeks and then the need slowly faded away. You are still very early in sobriety so be really kind to yourself and if sweets is what works for now then enjoy with satisfaction.