Notices

drinking dream

Old 05-03-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

drinking dream

I had a drunk dream last night. In the dream i was sitting there drinking a sprite and all of the sudden the sprite turned into a sprite and vodka. I said "i think I'm feeling tipsey guys. I forgot to call someone before i started drinking! I better call my sponsor." And i woke up and i was a bit shocked. I thought to myself, wtf?! My alcoholism messes with me enough in the daytime now it needs to mess with my dreams and take my feelings with it nonetheless! So im still a bit taken aback by this dream i had, i know it's normal to have these dreams and i just need to move on.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel ya, I used to have a lot of those. Hang in there, they lessen!
Old 05-03-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dreams like that remind me that even my subconscious wants me to succeed in stopping drinking. They're unsettling but positive in a way.

Good luck!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I never rode a unicycle, so it comes to no surprise that I have never dreamt of doing so. I drank daily for 35 years. I'd be more surprised if I never dreamed of drinking.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I remember having those during my last sober stretch. I'd wake up feeling terrible because I thought I failed. They seemed so real! It took a few minutes of being awake to realize it was just a dream.

Like you, I would come here to post about it on SR. For me, those dreams made it clear that I did have a drinking problem. I doubt normal drinkers dream about getting drunk.

Good job on your sobriety. I'll be having those kinds of dreams in the coming weeks as I rack up sober days. Thanks for posting.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had one of those last week!!! Gin of all things drank the whole bottle in my dream! I actually felt hungover when I woke up! It felt so real!!!! So glad it wasn't!!