Notices

butterflies in stomach

Old 05-02-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

butterflies in stomach

Today i proceeded onto step 2 with my sponsor. I read step two in the twelve and twelve and wrote down how i feel about it. Then i realized I've already come to believe in a higher power just through doing my daily prayers and gratitude lists. Now i think I'm actually on step 3so i read ahead and so many things just started clicking! It's like i was blind before! I understand what they mean when they say alcohol is a symptom. God sends problems to me so that i can face them head on and say okay there's absolutely nothing i can do about this. What can i learn and take from the situation? I have control over mostly nothing in my life. God is the director. MY God. Not the god i was brought up to believe in as a kid. My God will take my problems for me and its my job to simply react with kindness,humility,and love. So I'm beginning my spiritual journey in life. All of this insight in one day has me wiped out. I feel so many emotions! It's giving me butterflies! I don't know if they're butterflies of excitement or nervousness. I feel Joy, excitement, awe, and sadness too. I'm sad because i know my family won't understand this change ive started to go through today. But i know my aa family will understand. And that's what they're there for.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amen
Old 05-02-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

for me, step 2 is willingness......

I came to believe.....as a result of working through the rest if the steps.....

everyone's journey is personal!