Notices

I really am bored of getting drunk..

Old 05-01-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I really am bored of getting drunk..

For the last five years i have basically sat at home on the couch, ate junk food and got drunk and listened to music. I don't have a lot of human interaction and apart from maybe 15 or 20 occasions where i have travelled to meet the 2 friends i do have , i have only left the house to buy beer and food. Its the same routine whenever i get drunk. but today while getting drunk for the 4th day in the row i realised how boring this has become. listening to the same songs , drinking the same beer, feeling the same way. ITS BECOME STALE, MY LIFES BECOME STALE, I really feel like this is the end of it because if i continue then i must be insane. This life is garbage, i hate it, the same thing for 5 years i need change and i really need to move out of this place, Ive isolated myself for far too long. My depression isn't as bad as it was and i really do feel like im coming out the other side but it really is now or never, i don't wanna wake up in 15 years time and think, ''**** im 45 ive wasted my life''. Although i do know 45 is relatively young it does seem an age away at the moment although i know in reality its not. I don't wanna keep rambling so ill leave it there
Old 05-01-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bradley26 View Post
For the last five years i have basically sat at home on the couch, ate junk food and got drunk and listened to music. I don't have a lot of human interaction and apart from maybe 15 or 20 occasions where i have travelled to meet the 2 friends i do have , i have only left the house to buy beer and food. Its the same routine whenever i get drunk. but today while getting drunk for the 4th day in the row i realised how boring this has become. listening to the same songs , drinking the same beer, feeling the same way. ITS BECOME STALE, MY LIFES BECOME STALE, I really feel like this is the end of it because if i continue then i must be insane. This life is garbage, i hate it, the same thing for 5 years i need change and i really need to move out of this place, Ive isolated myself for far too long. My depression isn't as bad as it was and i really do feel like im coming out the other side but it really is now or never, i don't wanna wake up in 15 years time and think, ''**** im 45 ive wasted my life''. Although i do know 45 is relatively young it does seem an age away at the moment although i know in reality its not. I don't wanna keep rambling so ill leave it there
Indeed your life can pass you by. It was one of the reasons for me to finally want to turn things around. I gave 20 years of my life to this addiction, I think enough is enough.

So here I am 8 days in, picking up the broken pieces and rebuilding my life from scratch.

You can do the same Bradley.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, the drinking life is dull, except for the occasional dramatic event like accidents, illness, and the other drama we made for ourselves when we drank.

I hope you can find a way to stop drinking for good. All it will bring you is misery.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bradley - that was my life too.

If you want change, you need to make change, man.

There's been many many suggestions made to you over the past few weeks.

Pick the easiest one and make a change today

D
Old 05-01-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You have the power to end this lifestyle and start a new, Better one at any moment Bradley. The only thing stopping it from happening is you. As others have mentioned, you've gotten a wealth of advice on specific things that you could do to get started with sobriety, if that's what you want try taking some action. Go to an AA meeting, see your doctor, call a local addiction hotline, anything is better than just sitting and drinking.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bradley. I can offer encouragement or give you a list of reasons. ..
I missed many years myself. I can't go back I can only go forward. At 55 my life, my real life is just now beginning. I spent innumerable days isolated from reality. My deppession fed off itself and my isolating. I eventually climbed out. But I continued to drink. In a sense I was still alone. I met my wfe 6 years ago. Yesterday was my fourth year married to this wonderful person. She suffered my drinking for four years.
Where is this going? ................
You still have an entire lifetime ahead of you. Don't wait. I can't get those years back. But you can climb up and experience a life. It may not be rosy at first. Clean up and find yourself. Think of all the good there is within you. All you have to offer to this world. Find yourself. Do it. Just do it. Think of one thing you've always wanted to do. Make it happen. You have nothing to lose. Better to try than to just sit around waiting. The longer you wait, the more time you lose.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by bradley26 View Post
... i don't wanna wake up in 15 years time and think, ''**** im 45 ive wasted my life''.
Don't wait 15 more years. Wake up tomorrow and say, "Today is the day!" No more screwing around, no more drinking.