Notices

30 Days!!!

Old 05-01-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have officially made it to 30 days However, this is what I'm worried about - in 2 weeks I will be going to a rock concert and just saying that I have anxiety. The drinking temptation is going to test everything I've got. Any advise/tips/tricks on how to make it through that besides not going? I really do want to go
Old 05-01-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PrincessLeia View Post
I have officially made it to 30 days However, this is what I'm worried about - in 2 weeks I will be going to a rock concert and just saying that I have anxiety. The drinking temptation is going to test everything I've got. Any advise/tips/tricks on how to make it through that besides not going? I really do want to go
Congratulations on 30 days! Other than not going, I would say have a plan to have your own non-Alcoholic drinks. Is one of the friends going sober?
Maybe you could be the dedicated driver?

Finally I would say, run if the AV tries to convince you that your deserve a treat, just this night, just one time, only you will know etc.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too would suggest being the designated driver so you have a reason not to drink. At any rate, make up your mind before going that you won't drink NO MATTER WHAT!!!

Congrats on the first of many sober months.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im on day 101 and my saving grace for all tempting places, situations, etc is to EAT EAT EAT!!! For me that always kills any craving. I do not crave alcohol when my belly is full! I think that holds true for many people as well.. I even met my buddy at a bar the other day just to have their delicious buffalo wings! He drank beer and I had soda! Enjoy the concert!!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
instant

I am nearly 3years sober and being around others drinking is now a straiaghtforward matter. In the first six months and the rest of the first year, it took some getting used to. Having a plan really helps, particularly a fall back position- basically its about getting your head in the right place and being committed. Over time i came to learn that i have more capacity to emjoy the experience- enjoy the music and the vibe
Old 05-01-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 30

if you're worried about this upcoming concert, maybe you need to think a little more about if you need to go?

D
Old 05-01-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I like the idea of being designated driver that way I have an assignment and also the suggestion of eating something, that kills the craving to drink, so I like that. My husband will be be with me and he's an awesome supporter so the pressure won't be coming from him, just myself. I'm just a little nervous that's all but I'm not going to let it ruin me getting my Styx and Foreigner on!! lol