Out of Detox Taking Percs

Old 05-01-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Out of Detox Taking Percs

so my boyfriend just got out of 5 days of detox, i spoke to him last night for a few hours, he told me that he is off subutex and xanax but to help with the coping and whatever he is taking a few perc 5's. he plans to go to a religious mission on sunday but for the next few days he is just saying his goodbyes and getting ready. i wont be able to talk to him in the mission which is fine he needs to help himself he wants to go for a few months and he wants to see me of course before he leaves, i mean like this is the end here, i care about him and of course love him to death but i really dont know what to do or how to say to goodbye or if i should even see him, he sounded so much better last night then this past week but its just been a crazy roller coaster so im just looking for some advice.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Get off the roller coaster. This guy does not sound ready for sobriety. He is just playing "musical pills", replacing one addiction with another.
Have you looked into Alanon or naranon?
Old 05-01-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

dollbaby--I say, do what you want with the goodbys--because it really won't make any difference in what you do as far as the eventual outcome. It is all up to him about his recovery...and you don't have any control over that.

In the meantime--I say devote all of your energies toward yourself and your own welfare. you can never go wrong by doing this.

I am wishing the best for the both of you....

dandylion
Old 05-01-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you must say goodbye say it by phone. Or if you don't have to don't. You said yourself you stepped off the rollercoaster. It sounds to me like you still have one foot on. Completely step off, life is too short and you deserve more.

XXX