Mental Health Center fundraiser held at a brewery

Old 04-30-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mental Health Center fundraiser held at a brewery

In a way, maybe that makes sense?? I'm too close to the issues to see people drinking beer in support of mental health.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Here's to good mental health!!!! hahaha!
Was that on Leno??
I know its nothing to laugh about, but people can be really funny. And the possibility of mixing booze with prescription drugs..oh my. Who's the brainiac? The more I sit and think about this the crazy it seems.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, at least they're trying to raise awareness for the issue. Better than nothing. Maybe they just aren't inviting people with mental health issues. At least you're not in political fundraising professionally, ALL of their fundraising events are at bars or restaurants or wineries. Being a lobbyist would be the ideal job for a professional alcoholic (*well, an alcoholic that doesn't want to quit.)
Old 05-01-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well I must confess here that I was quite grateful that I got to visit NOLA before my H quit drinking. I was there for the music, food, architecture - but I do miss the Pimm's Cup!

I'm also missing wineries and breweries. But they don't hold a danger to me.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

As someone with a lot of non-profit fundraising experience, I must shamefully admit that most fundraisers know that booze is an important component to successful fundraisers. A glass or two of wine makes it easier to get into a bidding war over that silent auction item. LOL.

When I was very close to my XAH stuff, I was horrified all the alcohol consumed at events. Now I've swung back into the middle and see that there are many people who have a social drink or two, and that's it. They are healthy people and I'm one of them.