Notices

Tired

Old 04-30-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tired

I'm so tired. Not sleeping well at all. I will be starting day 26 in two hours. I have been struggling for the last couple of days. My sponsor at AA is so wonderful. My family is great and so are all of my real friends. I don't want to let anyone including myself down.
My husband still drinks and I didn't realize how much until I quit. I can't stand his breath. That alone should be reason for me to stay sober.
This is such a weird disease.
I hope you are all well and sober
Diana
Old 04-30-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there Diana! I'm so glad you've got a good sponsor that is helping you. You are right this is a weird disease! I stopped smoking when I stopped drinking and the smell of smoke on my husband is enough to make me throw up! The smell of beer is totally nasty also.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm on day 58 and I have been exceptionally tired for the past week or so. I get a fair amount of sleep too...
Old 04-30-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA member

Sorry to hear you are not sleeping well.It takes a while for our bodies to get used to sobriety.

I find chamomile tea with a spoon of honey in helps at bedtime.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all Day 26 is starting now.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Give yourself a little more time for your sleep patterns to smooth out. It can take time but eventually you'll be getting good quality sleep.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Grandma3333 My husband still drinks, too. It really is not so much fun to see him stagger and fall down. I have found meditation helps with the tiredness and stress. One day at a time that is all we can do - keep on keeping on - I need to find a sponsor, I'm glad you found someone that you can relate with.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks AZ. I lived in Arizona for 20 years. I came back to Michigan in 1999. Thanks for the support. Not all sponsors are the same. I went to lunch with a couple before I found one that I could relate to. My sponsor is someone I would like to be more like. She is kind and soft spoken. Unlike me. She uses the big book as a text walking me through every chapter. I thought it would be boring but it's not. We go to lunch once a week. That's fun. Today we are meeting at her apartment before the meeting. I found a great AA group. If you don't like yours look for another one. They are all different. I have been going to meetings for 3 1/2 years on and off. I finally got the guts to quit.
Good luck my new friend
Diana