Notices

Out OF Detox

Old 04-30-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Out OF Detox

my boyfriend is out of detox reahb after 5 days, what normally happens now with a person, i know everyone is different, i know he is thinking about going to a long term rehab but who knows if that will happen, he was on subutex and xanax then had a crack binge -- is really 5 days enough time, im really confused what steps should someone be taking -- ive never had a drug problem or known anyone with one so im clueless. thank you
Old 04-30-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Dollbaby, have you tried looking or posting on the friends and family boards here: Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information ?
Old 04-30-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

That was mainly just a detox, for him to get the drugs out of his system and keep an eye on his health. He will need a long term plan to stay clean.

Like chickchick said check out friends and family.

Good luck
Old 04-30-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Dollbaby. Five days is just to get it out of his system. If he wants to stay sober long term he will need more than just the five days. Is he an alcoholic or is he crack/alcoholic? My husband is a crack and alcohol addict and I found a lot of support on the family and friends forum here on SR. Try the family and friends of substance abusers too if he is mostly substances other than alcohol. Read the information at the top of the threads to educate yourself. They are good and there are a lot of very supportive people there.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I would also say that if he has never been to rehab or if he has gone but isn't working any type of recovery program rehab is a good idea to get started.