Notices

Feeling Great

Old 04-30-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Great

It is the start to my fourth day completely sober, and I feel great! I love this forum because it has given me a chance to read up on some amazing stories. Many of you guys on here have pulled yourselves out of situations far worse than my own, and I am inspired by that. It is too late to change the people we used to be, and it is a waste of time and energy to worry about that. Many of us regret the people we were and the things that we have done, but the only thing we can control is the people that we are right now, and the people we want to be in the future. It took me such a long time to realize what an idiot and a jerk I have been. I have been handed just about everything I need to succeed in life and I wasted just about every opportunity I have been given. I feel like a new person. I am ready to face reality and to take on the world. I am ready for any challenge that life throws my way and I am through hiding behind drugs and alcohol to avoid those challenges. Thank you to everybody in this community for being awesome, you guys are the best!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's nice to feel "great" isn't it! Congrats, MitchMatch! I'm early days, too (day 8) but I have to say I'm loving waking up clearheaded!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Inspiring
Old 04-30-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

It is good feeling great, but always remember to keep your guard up.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi mitch, that's quite a turnaround since yesterday. Glad to share in your optimism. It does feel good. Just remember it didn't feel so good a couple days ago. Do not become complacent. You still have a long road ahead of you. I am glad you can realize the benefits of not drinking. Remember it is a life long commitment.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 days Mitch! Keep it up!
Old 04-30-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Congrats on 4 days. I also have 4 days and just now logged on thinking about starting a thread entitled "Day 4 Dangers", because I, too, am feeling a bit better, the sun is shining, and I got out and about today. However, my wife will be out of town tonight, so I could get away with whatever I wanted, which is a dangerous opportunity for me to drink. I have a lot to do, but will likely be spending plenty of time on SR, if I am to stay sober.

Thanks for your post, MM. But, dont let your guard down. Just enjoy the natural high and remember it if you get low in the future. Thats what I need to do as well.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for all of the warnings not to let my guard down. I fully understand that I could slip at any moment. I just went to the gym for the first time all year, felt great! Exercise is way better than any drug, and there is never any guilt associated with it. I have spent the last year or so being self destructive, and I am ready to pick up the pieces and focus on making myself better for once. Thanks for the support SR community!
Old 04-30-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I go to the gym tomorrow too