Notices

Finally ate something!

Old 04-29-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally ate something!

I'm coming to the close of my third day of heroin w/d and it has been hell. I ate nothing Sunday (day one), nothing except some pretzels on Monday, and a bagel today (tried to eat some chicken for lunch at work but couldn't hold it down). Tonight I started feeling a bit better and my roomate and his girlfriend ordered some food, so I had some wonton soup and white rice. Not sure if this is the best thing considering the stomach issues that go along with the w/d, but needless to say a small victory as I haven't eaten in 3 damn days. I am worried that I'll wake up tonight with uncontrollable diarrhea again (gross I know, sorry) but I was finally hungry and needed to eat. Anyway, wanted to share my small victory because I feel it's another small step toward normalcy. Anyone dealing with appetite issues, have hope! You WILL eat again! I know just this morning eating seemed hopeless for me but I just did it!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hopefully you are starting to feel better. Take care of yourself.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Steve I'm glad you ate. Just think, you never have to go through this again.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

please try to hydrate yourself with some protein drinks -and some electrolytes like Gatorade (no "energy drinks")Chicken soup - home made is good. Don't get dehydrated. fluid, fluids, fluids. take it easy... rest ...deep breathing. relax
Old 04-29-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm trying guys! It's been a painfully rough few days. A friend is over now that I haven't seen for a while. We are catching up. It's nice to see some familiar faces in such a miserable time. Wish I could tell him about all this but he thinks I've been clean since 19! (I'm 27 now). Anyways, we are in talks of getting a musical project together. It's giving me hope to get back to the things that mattered to me before all these drugs took them away. Just a couple more days and I'm free! Thanks for all of the support, you guys are carrying me!

-Steve-
Old 04-29-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Being able to eat again is the best! I just ate a bit of chicken after 24 hours not eating/dry heaving and I feel like such a champ! It also feels good to talk about it. Not being able to eat makes you feel really weird.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Remember to keep your guard up.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I found protein shakes really helpful. I had to force them down my throat, but I always felt better after getting some nutrients into my system. I could eat strawberries, too. It's important to drink a lot of water, and it will hit your stomach a lot better if it's room temperature.
Pedialyte is an electrolyte supplement for babies, and is a a lot easier on a churning stomach than Gatorade is. If you're losing fluids from either end it's a good idea to replenish your electrolytes.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the tip Adnamaeel! I am going to try to drink some Gatorade today as I don't have access to too much stuff at work. Can't really take a drive to the store either as I lost my license. But I will try. I'll keep your tips in mind. Last night was by far the best night of sleep yet. I only woke up twice and wasn't soaked in sweat too badly
Old 04-30-2014, 03:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

I hope things keep getting better and better for you. Congratulations on making it this far and best thoughts for continued improvement.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This evening, try some chicken soup broth or stock, even canned, the extra salt wont hurt you at this time.
Chop some baby carrots in it spinach, it will digest easily.
Banana too l just eat in small amounts in the morning, or try a softboiled egg with dry toast.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I just say despite the crappy weather here today, I'm feeling quite good. Stopped at the bagel shop and got a bagel, some orange juice, and a banana. This will be the most I've eaten in 4-5 days. I do have somewhat of an appetite today so we'll see how it goes. And I will try to get my roomate to take me to the grocery store today so I can get some healthy things to start eating. (Lost my license to a DUI so I'll be relying in some people for the next 7 months :/ )

Thanks for a all the support and love everyone! You guys are keeping me clean!

-Steve-
Old 04-30-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Fandy,

By the way, love your cat! I am also a crazy cat person
Old 04-30-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Steve soon you won't believe how much you will be eating. Glad you feel good, two days of rain is enough for me.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I hope so. The problem is that I get hungry at random, and I try to eat but it goes right through me and I'm on the toilet within a couple hours. Today is by far much better than the last 3. I am so happy and grateful to be clean. Going to see my family tonight and I'm so happy I will be in the right state of mind, not feeling all sick and drained.