Notices

Night Three

Old 04-27-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Night Three

So here we are at night three sober. I feel pretty depressed.

I just kind of feel ashamed about that last night drunk. It was certainly the worst I've ever been in my life (at least what I can remember of it which might be even more scary). I'm sure part of me is sad about detoxing again too though.

On a separate note, I think I found a really great counselor. In one (albeit expensive) session, She took everything I said and pretty much read my mind as far as issues go. It was very productive. Also, I get to exercise again starting tomorrow. (All my vitals are back down to normal)
Old 04-27-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you are putting the crappy stuff behind you. Finding a counselor that you can relate too like that is a huge bonus. Keep it up!
Old 04-27-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Don't beat yourself up about what you did when you were drunk right now. You are going through detox now so your emotions are gonna be all over the place. I feel you tonight though.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

You can't undo what's done Justin - just move forward....take one day at a time & be kind to yourself. You can do this Justin!
Old 04-28-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you on three days. That's great.
You don't need to be ashamed of your last drunk, but I'm glad you remember most of it. I drank like that for years.

The reason I say I'm glad you remember it, is for you to realize you never have to feel that way again. Just don't take that first drink.
I've been sober over three years, and I still remember some of my notorious drunks. It helps keep me sober.
That and reading stories like yours, so thank you. I'm sorry you went through it, but sometimes that's what it takes. Clarity. Clarity you may have a problem. A problem that can be solved.

I wish you the best.