Notices

Second AA Meeting - A Great Success

Old 04-26-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Second AA Meeting - A Great Success

So, my second AA meeting was this morning - and it reassured me that yep, I should have done this over three years ago, when I began this sober journey. I wish it wasn't so far of a drive, but I'm doing the best I can to get there when I can. I really enjoy the fellowship.

As I mentioned the group I'm in - young, old, male, female, all financial backgrounds from wealthy to poor - but all very rich in one thing, they all have faith in a higher power that is giving them the strength to appreciate everything that has been given to them. And with that faith they find it in their hearts to reach out and help others that are seeking sobriety. Their faith and their commitment to the 12 steps (which even non-alcoholics could read them and benefit from them) is astounding and it's what I have been lacking.

I'm excited as it's the end of my 20th day, and my past experiences have never felt this focused. And I attribute that to not having a method in place that worked for me, and not having the right reasons in my heart to why I wanted to quit.

I appreciate and respect everyone here - your stories, your suggestions, your honesty, your compassion. I kept coming back and you kept welcoming me, and then I'd disappear. But, this time I came back, my heart was in it, more than ever before.

Have I had urges or thoughts the past 20 days - you bet. But, I know I cannot take that one single drink, because the flood gate will open up and I'll be back to my old ways.

I am working on getting a sponsor, but I want to find one that I'm comfortable with. I have phone numbers of people that I can call if I get the urge or need some support - so that will be great in the meantime. Plus, my brother is a rock.

Love to everyone here, and I wish peace to those that are struggling. Please keep reading, posting, and do everything you can to get through another day. Don't ever give up.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you Marjoram! Excellent work on your journey , hope you are well! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-26-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a wonderful post Marjoram!
Old 04-26-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Marjoram,
I loved reading your post, you are so positive! Keep coming back.....
. Bobbi
Old 04-26-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's wonderful love. And I know it is a long drive for you; perhaps you could listen to an audio book on the way?

With regards to finding a sponsor that you are comfortable with...I have no doubt the right person will appear.

Just so glad to hear you sounding so positive, and hopeful.

I should have done this years ago as well, but that's not the way it worked out.
It doesn't matter. We are here now, and we are sober, and that is just the best, huh?

So many hugs for you Marjoram!!! ♥

V xx